Suits, Clothing and More

Anasasi

So, I've been reading through several threads here and there and have noticed no questioning of space suits, etc. I'm not sure if I've just skimmed over the idea/dev blog (Point me towards them if there is some!), but I would like to see suits and such suiting to planetary conditions being required to explore or live there as well as the possibility of wearing standard uniforms that can be colour customized, etc, so you can run uniform crews if you really feel the need. 

I just feel that being able to work on a multi crewed ship but having different people in unforms or their own apparel would be handy, or at least somewhat immersive for those who wish to RP. Instead of just a stock standard suit. 

The environmental need for a specific suit I understand may be hard to implement if there isn't any need for this type of thing, but I was just throwing the idea out there if there was plans for acidic atmosphered planets, etc. 

Yes! I think you should at the very minimum be able to color your standard cloths and spacesuit

Want your crew all wearing red? Tick

Want to be able to distinguish crew/organization/enemy from crew/organization/enemy? Tick

Want the red shirts and yellow shirts from star trek? Tick

to add to this I think the ability to add organization/custom emblems to your uniform would be great. Your corp icon on your shoulder? Want to a huge one on your back? Tick!

Yeah, and the ability to stop others from using your emblems would off course be great. (dont want some toilet cleaner running around your battle cruiser wearing the admiral uniform do you?)

Oh and spacesuit wise it would be great to have other things like the toxic fumes covering this volcano planet you found rather than just no oxygen in space. Having that and stuff like airlocks on such planets allowing you to filter the air and not use a spacesuit in your base/star ship would be the kind of depth that would shift this game from great to legendary!

There have been several topics surrounding issues related to this, but nothing directly addressing the clothing situation. 
So I will amalgamate them below into a list if you want to look at them too for ideas, they are quite nifty. Including mentions of mech suits etc. 

1. https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/467-what-about-powered-armor-exoskeletons-and-clothing/
  2. https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/601-character-customisation/?hl=suits#entry4241
  3. https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/337-character-creation-and-immersion/page-2?hl=suits#entry1472 (Light mention of suits and oxygen deprived areas.)

Yes! I think you should at the very minimum be able to color your standard cloths and spacesuit

Want your crew all wearing red? Tick

Want to be able to distinguish crew/organization/enemy from crew/organization/enemy? Tick

Want the red shirts and yellow shirts from star trek? Tick

to add to this I think the ability to add organization/custom emblems to your uniform would be great. Your corp icon on your shoulder? Want to a huge one on your back? Tick!

Yeah, and the ability to stop others from using your emblems would off course be great. (dont want some toilet cleaner running around your battle cruiser wearing the admiral uniform do you?)

Oh and spacesuit wise it would be great to have other things like the toxic fumes covering this volcano planet you found rather than just no oxygen in space. Having that and stuff like airlocks on such planets allowing you to filter the air and not use a spacesuit in your base/star ship would be the kind of depth that would shift this game from great to legendary!

Talking about emblems and logos, it would be nice to see them being made outside of the game and uploaded within a guideline of course for organizations. This idea was recently implemented into EvE online as alliance logos, but they aren't worn or seen anywhere other than a single structure and information screens. 
The ability to place them on clothing and possibly ships would be a grand thing. 

As for the atmospheric conditional suiting, I understand it may be hard to code in, but if there is to be an array of different planet types everywhere, we shoud have some way to explore them! Airlocks would be necessary for building on them, but that's another step the devs will have to look at, but I concur that this would take this game through the ranks to legendary. 

Yes I'd like to be able to design some different suits/outfits/accessories...maybe start a small fashion line or something :)

This would be interesting, it would add another aspect to the free market they want to produce, allowing you to ask completely ludicrous amounts for a shirt/suit :P. But then again, it would also add just a little more of a custom aspect to the game. 

Customization is always welcome even if it is something simple like recoloring of various bits and features on the suits. Since it is a small team lots of customization might be out of scope though.

This would be interesting, it would add another aspect to the free market they want to produce, allowing you to ask completely ludicrous amounts for a shirt/suit :P. But then again, it would also add just a little more of a custom aspect to the game. 

I'd like to see all sorts of clothing options, with players being able to design their own clothes and equipment :-)

It would kind of be like Second Life in that aspect. 

I'm going to guess this is one of those things we're probably not going to see though. 

I'd like to see all sorts of clothing options, with players being able to design their own clothes and equipment :-)

It would kind of be like Second Life in that aspect. 

I'm going to guess this is one of those things we're probably not going to see though. 

In the alpha definitely not. Hopefull this will be a later update.

Creating own clothing and sell it sounds great to me,

if it will be implemented, it would be great to see an external editor that gives you the freedom of bethesda games clothing modding.

Of course there should be an in game editor too, but more or less just for customization.

And if you have created your clothing, then should it be possible to make it unchangeable, it would be really annoying should the crew of your military ship looks like a bad LSD trip if they wearing your self-made uniform, just because they want to be "individual". :D