Different kinds of weapons

Moneymade

Hallo to all of you ;),

I must say this game sounds really interisting and I think that a variety of weapons would be cool as well.

For example that there are also swords, axes and stuff for main and off hand.

It would give the game a nice touch ;)

Hallo to all of you ;),

I must say this game sounds really interisting and I think that a variety of weapons would be cool as well.

For example that there are also swords, axes and stuff for main and off hand.

It would give the game a nice touch ;)

Welcome to the wonderful world of DU.

Unfortunately it has been confirmed that there will be no swords or shield as it requires a extra method of collision above simplistic player on player collision. I know that Planet Explorers has a way to do melee combat and create your own weapons but that game has a smaller scope that DU, and DU has a potentially infinite universe to contend with also.

The first weapon that you will have in the game will be the morpher that is attached to your arm, the basic building and mining tool, it will allow basic ranged combat. So starting off with a ranged weapon i see little point in having a melee style gameplay. Would be nice as a aesthetic choice to use melee weapons where they do no damage but look awesome. But i think the actual game play use of any melee weapons is a confirmed no for now.

But yeah, welcome. Please enjoy your stay :)

nora,

Talkin about Ship WeaponryI would enjoy a (a bit more complex) rock, paper, shotgun playstyle with (expensive) hard and (cheap) soft counters

Example:

Gatlinguns-> Cut through shields, weak against armor

Rocketlaunchers-> AOE makes them effective against armor, shields are very strong against them

Lasers-> Long Range, Very accurate, either weak but penetrating OR countered by shield AND armor

Missiles-> Advanced Expensive Rockets, can be pinpointed to exact impact location resulting in them trying to reach that location, allowing to target engines/weak hull points

Bombs-> Anti Shield and Armor Weapons, Extremly slow and only work in Gravity, anti ground can be fought off by Anti-Air

By Adding a complexer System OR adding enough off this variants making OP Ships would be so expensive that its either impossible or a fleet spreading the abbilities across its ships would be effective

Talkin about Ship WeaponryI would enjoy a (a bit more complex) rock, paper, shotgun playstyle with (expensive) hard and (cheap) soft counters

Example:

Gatlinguns-> Cut through shields, weak against armor

Rocketlaunchers-> AOE makes them effective against armor, shields are very strong against them

Lasers-> Long Range, Very accurate, either weak but penetrating OR countered by shield AND armor

Missiles-> Advanced Expensive Rockets, can be pinpointed to exact impact location resulting in them trying to reach that location, allowing to target engines/weak hull points

Bombs-> Anti Shield and Armor Weapons, Extremly slow and only work in Gravity, anti ground can be fought off by Anti-Air

By Adding a complexer System OR adding enough off this variants making OP Ships would be so expensive that its either impossible or a fleet spreading the abbilities across its ships would be effective

As a regular player of Stellaris I can confirm that the rock paper scissors approach to weaponry would be very smart. It would mean that people would have to build fleets that are well balanced in all areas as opposed to fleets that are entirely focused in one field of combat.