Gameplay, movement, and controls?

Hello NQ Devs and Alpha enthusiasts!

I have a few questions regarding game-play movement and control schemata.

1.) Is DU being developed from a "PC is King" perspective so that support for peripherals and technologies e.g., HOTAS, K+M, game-pads, VR (RIFT, VIVE etc.), positional tracking, multiple monitors, 4k, etc. are intended?

2.) Will camera controls include multiple angles, distances, etc. including 1st and 3rd person perspectives.

3.) Will multicrew ship systems have functionalities beyond "turret" or generic crew states?

4.) Can you please "PIN" or "sticky" devblog posts as this section will surely gain many new threads and searching for more "info" is here to stay.

Cheers!

That's four questions... a few is usually considered three :).. naughty... haha

But to try and answer your questions:

1) PC is the priority at the moment, consoles i don't think are planned and other OS's like linux and mac are a wait to see situation because i don't think we know.

2) Camera will be locked for the most part in first person to help immersion in the game. There will be cameras though so you can view outside your ship while flying using them so if you want to have a external view of something you can set up a camera where you would like it. Third person i think is only planned depending on kickstarter goals and general community opinions.

3) Multicrew systems we don't 100% know, but we all assume that the roles you play in multicrew ships will be down to your own choosing. If you want a ship with 6 engine rooms, build 6 engine rooms where you can have 6 people working. We don't know the indepths of the elements yet so we don't know what the true story behind any multicrew actions would be. It has been stated though that there will be advantages to having multiperson crews.

EDIT: I did have a quick spy around and found this link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/01/30/multiplayer-ship-crew/

4) There is a whole section of the internet dedicated to DevBlogs :)

Link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/06/10/dual-universe-at-e3-pc-gaming-show/

nora,

That's four questions... a few is usually considered three :).. naughty... haha

But to try and answer your questions:

1) PC is the priority at the moment, consoles i don't think are planned and other OS's like linux and mac are a wait to see situation because i don't think we know.

2) Camera will be locked for the most part in first person to help immersion in the game. There will be cameras though so you can view outside your ship while flying using them so if you want to have a external view of something you can set up a camera where you would like it. Third person i think is only planned depending on kickstarter goals and general community opinions.

3) Multicrew systems we don't 100% know, but we all assume that the roles you play in multicrew ships will be down to your own choosing. If you want a ship with 6 engine rooms, build 6 engine rooms where you can have 6 people working. We don't know the indepths of the elements yet so we don't know what the true story behind any multicrew actions would be. It has been stated though that there will be advantages to having multiperson crews.

4) There is a whole section of the internet dedicated to DevBlogs :)

Link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/06/10/dual-universe-at-e3-pc-gaming-show/

nora,

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The Lua scripting topic covered the flight stabilizer DPU as an example. I think that was meant as an actual example of a minor construct we would be required to build as players. It includes controlling individual thrusters, and taking input from the system DPU (such as a bank right command keystroke) to tell the stabilizer to lean appropriately to make the turn.

So, I am extrapolating from that we will be able to make any type of flight control we desire. And the most optimally made will likely dominate in battle.

• 3 months later...

1.) Is DU being developed from a "PC is King" perspective so that support for peripherals and technologies e.g., HOTAS, K+M, game-pads, VR (RIFT, VIVE etc.), positional tracking, multiple monitors, 4k, etc. are intended?

I hope so.

EDIT: I did have a quick spy around and found this link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/01/30/multiplayer-ship-crew/

we are here in very early stage, where speculations on theories and words make people waiting for something that will be completly different in reality at release.

i seriously doubt of the role of 95% of a crew in a ship during a space travel.

travels might be very long, from multiple hours to days, and exept the piloting crew, if no encounter happen, all others will be totally useless, and be just passengers, or stewart if you like animating.

i also seriously doubt building tool will be enabled on moving ships aswell, making youself even more useless. so even the crew that has no occupation related to the ship will be only but just waiting for some action.

i imagine that people in ships will be so nervous doing nothing but walking way and back in corridors, will take a turret control and open fire on what ever appears in their sight.

i also imagine that people dont have hours to waste watching someone else having all the fun piloting the ships, disconnecting for a while, during the time to destination, and reloging in a completly destroyed ship with the message "you are dead, press ok to teleport to the ark"

we are here in very early stage, where speculations on theories and words make people waiting for something that will be completly different in reality at release.

i seriously doubt of the role of 95% of a crew in a ship during a space travel.

travels might be very long, from multiple hours to days, and exept the piloting crew, if no encounter happen, all others will be totally useless, and be just passengers, or stewart if you like animating.

i also seriously doubt building tool will be enabled on moving ships aswell, making youself even more useless. so even the crew that has no occupation related to the ship will be only but just waiting for some action.

i imagine that people in ships will be so nervous doing nothing but walking way and back in corridors, will take a turret control and open fire on what ever appears in their sight.

i also imagine that people dont have hours to waste watching someone else having all the fun piloting the ships, disconnecting for a while, during the time to destination, and reloging in a completly destroyed ship with the message "you are dead, press ok to teleport to the ark"

as stated by JC in an interview,  you'll be able to build on a moving ship.