Hello!

Hi, I saw this game trailer recently and have looked around the forums and Devblogs a bit and can't wait for the game it is just the perfect space experience I want to explore and build and join a huge community where we can build a city, 3 things I am scared of is:

- Having a difficult time building in the game, I hope it is easy and has tricky stuff but will be simple enough for me to learn

- The subscription option is a bit iffy just because I am not a huge fan of them but I look forward to the game no matter what happens, (and I understand subscription will help it stay up)

- I am scared that I won't be chosen for the alpha to play this game

I look forward to this game a lot!

Well, seems like you are one of the many that saw this game in the E3 trailer. Let me get you started on some things.

First off, this game is definitely going to be difficult. However, I think you will probably be ok if you work together with players and probably join a faction or such.

The subscription thing, while sounds like a pain, actually will keep the game quality very steady throughout the course of it, due to players needing to pay to play and developers needing to develope to get pay and as such.

Finally, you and me both. I'm not that concerned but I would also like to have the ability to play the alpha.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the DU forums :)

The game will be as difficult as you want to make it, don't worry about how hard things are going to be or how simple it will be, if you only desire to mine on the starter planet of Alioth you are more than welcome, but you are also capable of building a fully working and multi crew death star if you desire. The buildingas far as i believe is based around simple tools that you will be able to understand: Line, Circle, Square ect. so making shapes will not be difficult and the main parts of any ship are the elements that are predesigned by the devs so there is no complication there either.

The subscription i think is the best choice for this game, yes people sometimes don't like to spend money on a game each month which i can empathise with, but to have a long lasting game and a game that has countless updates making it better and better require funding. The more funding they get the better they can make DU :). There will be options like 'Plex' if you play the game enough that you can use in exchange for game time and i think other alternatives like free trials too.

The alpha will be available when the kickstarter is out, the current alpha team the you are probably seeing are selected people who have shown great participation in the forums and generating ideas from the very start. If you notice I don't have the alpha tag yet i have the most post, as it is not just about post count but about content and how well you do and how nice you are. The current folks in the alpha team are the ones that joined almost at the day the forums opened. 

However that being said, you are always welcome to join the alpha through kickstarter, i don't think there will be any restrictions on who joins the alpha through kickstarter.

But yeah, Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

nora,

Thanks for both those replies you both seem really nice and I hope make it onto the alpha! I can't wait to play the game and I understand the decision of having a subscription, just wondering, have they said anything about needing to eat or farming in the game?

Thanks for both those replies you both seem really nice and I hope make it onto the alpha! I can't wait to play the game and I understand the decision of having a subscription, just wondering, have they said anything about needing to eat or farming in the game?

There has been confirmed some survival aspects of the game, but we don't know what they are yet. It could be simply don't remove your helmet in space (confirmed to not be healthy) or it could be that you need to eat three meals a day and have exercise.

At this point we don't know very much about the very fine tuning of the game and know more about the overall fundamentals of it, like we can build ships out of voxels, there will be thrusters, that kind of information.

I do believe that i read about farming, but i can't remember if it was player written or Nyz written. But for a game this size it would be nice to have farming as a way of making both money and sustaining your ship and your crew :)