Physical Rewards for Kickstarter Backers

yamamushi

I don't know how many people feel the same way as I do about this, but I think there should be some type of physical award given out with the higher backer tiers on Kickstarter.

Shirts, Posters, Stickers, Patches, Art Books, Soundtracks, stuff like that.

Star Citizen went so far as to give out models of ships and blueprints if I remember correctly. I know that my Admiral pack on Star Citizen comes with a "collectors box" and a model of a constellation.

I like collecting things that have to do with the games that I play. I own all of the Eve Online hardcover books, as well as the comic books, and even several shirts, keychains, lighters, bags, etc. I know that those things don't add to immersion or gameplay, but they are still cool things to have on my bookshelf that bring back memories of my time flying with my corp.

I just know that I'd be more likely to contribute to a higher kickstarter tier if the rewards weren't limited to ingame items only. 

What I'd really like to see is a printed LUA reference manual at the time of the games release, even though those specs are likely to change over time. Maybe a captain's log journal even.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what kind of physical items they'd like to see come with the kickstarter rewards? 

Seems like a good idea. However, if the devs plan on doing merchandise, It might depend on what the game will have to offer.

For instance, one thing they could do if for instance, you donated $128(just a random number) is that you get a model of the helmet in the game.

Yeah. I like the idea and I thin the devs will probably do something like that with Kickstarter games usually having that as well.

Although, don't forget non-physical rewards as well. Those are important.

We don't know what will be in the kickstarter, but i do wonder what the different tiers of the kickstarter will offer to the players who back the game.

There is a post about merchandise, maybe there is something in there that could help you with the curiosity, it has some idea of what is planned for the game in the lines of real life items but gained from a in real life shop so i don't know how much of it will apply to the kickstarter.

Link: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/488-merchandise/

nora,

Honestly, I think it should be a combo of ingame and physical rewards. I think (just my opinion) that the higher kickstarter payments should get physical items/merchandise, but say you are a pre-alpha tester that plays 350 hours, maybe give them X amount of months of game time free, something like that. It wouldn't dent the Devs wallet as much as physical items

-Whiskey Out

We don't know what will be in the kickstarter, but i do wonder what the different tiers of the kickstarter will offer to the players who back the game.

There is a post about merchandise, maybe there is something in there that could help you with the curiosity, it has some idea of what is planned for the game in the lines of real life items but gained from a in real life shop so i don't know how much of it will apply to the kickstarter.

Link: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/488-merchandise/

nora,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for Nora :-)