Subscription should not be its pay model

mish1609

I skimmed through the vid. and honestly the most realistic answer is that they are using blueprints. from my understanding the blueprints allows you to instantly or almost instantly recreate a ship. Honestly all those ships will not be in the end game. NQ has said they will provide a variety of blueprints to start with in the game and that they want players to create new things from their own minds while also improving upon existing blueprints. The point of saying that it was created in game was that the develops started up the game and had the blueprints run and create the ships. doesn't say they are original creations or anything of the like. Simply that they didn't  use a rendering program to create them outside the game and then upload the code

Their model actually works really well: Most people either have a job or a lot of free time, and it rewards both types.

That's being said, there is growing 3rd market of people who have irregular income. If you do freelance work, or if your income is reliant on the growing share-economy, you are going to have better months or worst off months, and it's harder to commit to a luxury (Which an MMO essentially is). What I would like to see is some sort of limited capacity for people to play without paying. Perhaps the building tools aren't available, perhaps you can't increase your character skills. A smoother transitions between pay and non-pay mode would allow people to participate on different levels depending on how they are doing. Someone is undercutting your web design clientele? Nobody is renting your airbnb? Perhaps this month you aren't going to build your own ships, perhaps this month you'll be the crew in someone else's.

You're an idiot, that's.. I would like to speack to another person than a stupid fan boy who can't even see obvious lies about a game that will not be complete !

I just show you PROOF that those devs lied about a BIG part of the game ! 

You will cry cause you loose money on a scam game like Dayz or The stomping land.

1. Why should the devs try to create own, individual spaceships for a short trailervideo if they can jsut build something that already exists? They can do far more constructive things with their time than creating an original spaceship

2. You didn't show proof about the devs lying, you only showed that they built the ships for the trailer with blueprints/desings from the internet

3. There are enough alpha members who haven't paid anything and will be the first ones to enter the game, if there is anything scammy about this then it would fail at exactly that moment.

All in all it would be a pretty crappy scam without any hopes of profit, so the conlusion every intelligent person would have is, that it is no scam.

Proof ? You want proof ? alright : http://imgur.com/a/r4hVJ here is your proof that the devs are lying about there game. And they bought blueprints for 295$.

Yes, exactly where is the proof? they used blueprints to build the ships ingame, no contradiction at all.

And why exactly should the devs share details about their engine in a pre alpha forum? Ridiculous. Nearly as ridiculous as the ppl who think that the moonlanding never happened, or flat earth believers <_<

I guess I was late with the post about the actual topic (subscription model)...

The game can be an investor scam, or it could fail it's kickstarter campaign, or it could fail in financially planning the development process once financed, or the server architecture could fail later stress tests end the game will end up a shadow of it's promised glory, or it could be all it's promised and get released only to end up unsuccessful and get canceled a couple of months after because another game targeting the same market audience outshines it or the market changes and people get sick of the minecraft trend, or an asteroid hits earth right on their studio, or trump gets elected.

Approaching it with a grain of salt is wise, approaching it with a tinfoil hat is just bad fashion sense.

Yes, exactly where is the proof? they used blueprints to build the ships ingame, no contradiction at all.

And why exactly should the devs share details about their engine in a pre alpha forum? Ridiculous. Nearly as ridiculous as the ppl who think that the moonlanding never happened, or flat earth believers <_<

You are a lost cause man... You're just saying that cause the devs gave you a "title" in your forum profile  :D It's really disappointed to see that you are not even talking about the ridiculous lies that they spread across the internet, cause YOU KNOW that you can't do shit about it, that you know that they fucked up.

I believe in what I see, what I saw it's a bunch of pre-build space ships ( http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/scifi-spaceships-cruiser-fighter-3d-model/782086 ), it's not a representation of the game, it's never EVER going to be like you saw in the trailer.

Don't tell me that I can't express my self here, it's a GENERAL Discussion, if you're mad at me for being someone who wants truth and no bullshit like they did. 

i'm not mad at you, i find you laughable :)

Yes, i am an alpha member, that means i will see what they're working on without paying anything, how would they be able to scam me? you're unreasonable. I wont repeat my arguments as you dont bring anything new to the table either, you're accusations are refuted, repeating them wont change that fact.

i'm not mad at you, i find you laughable :)

Yes, i am an alpha member, that means i will see what they're working on without paying anything, how would they be able to scam me? you're unreasonable. I wont repeat my arguments as you dont bring anything new to the table either, you're accusations are refuted, repeating them wont change that fact.

You don't want to see the truth... That's why you are not anwsering THAT question ;)  

My goal is to get answer from the Devs, not " alpha members " and guess what ? They will never answer it, cause the didn't thought that we will find out what was behind those enormous space ship. 

They are just misleading customers to a complete different game. I really hope that they will not for the "early access"  that would be their final stop.

That's why you are not anwsering THAT question ;)

no one will ever answer THAT question, if you dont specify it, but you dont want that right ;)

And if you want others to see the video, pls use a link in your signature, my browser always lags when i see one of your posts because of the plugin.

But please, answer me my question, how are they supposed to scam alpha members? You ignore that point completely because that alon erefutes everything you claim to know :D Scamming always needs to give the scammer benefits, but DU just wont have any benefits at all.

But please, answer me my question, how are they supposed to scam alpha members? You ignore that point completely because that alon erefutes everything you claim to know :D Scamming always needs to give the scammer benefits, but DU just wont have any benefits at all.

It's not only about alpha members, they are misleading gamers. They are lying about the building system.  And in the future, when they will release an early access, a lot of people are going to buy that game. It's actually illegal in Youtube, False advertisement .

And my question is : Why did you guys ( devs ) lied about those models that we see in the trailer, why are you hidding it ? 

So, you say that I and every other Alpha member will lie as soon as they have access. That's a pretty bold accusation, it basically disqualifies you as a Person i would argue with.

So, you say that I and every other Alpha member will lie as soon as they have access. That's a pretty bold accusation, it basically disqualifies you as a Person i would argue with.

Da fuck ? I never said that ! Do you really think that people will even read your report ? More than half gamers will just look a video of it, and then decide if they buy it or not. There is not that much gamers that do deep research... 

I'm not trying to be mean or a troll, i'm just warning people of the situation.

u're not warning, u're spamming accusations without real prove, in real life you could be persecuted. Makes me wonder how much space-citizen paid u for spreading such things ;D (u like conspiracies, don't u?) as long as it isn't proven otherwise it's much more likely, that the Spaceships were build ingame with the design they bought as schematic, wich is completely acceptable

I will laught on your ass when the TRUTH will be seen.

For the moment, you can't really prove that what i'm showing is false, same for me.

You made wrong accusations, so it's your duty to prove it, just posting some pictures of spaceships wich were obvously created with the same "blueprint", one in a 3D editor and one with voxeltools, is no prove, it just means you try to damage DU's reputation proving that you're the troll that you deny to be.

LOL

Pittouniata == Chris Roberts

possible lol but im not a fan of star citizen only because it has a lot of negative press surrounding its crowdfunding. but I don't go around trollin it. I just take a wait and see approach.

The issue with not having a monthly is they often have to make a shop. Whales then dictate the direction and content of the game.

Relating question. If DU will be as player made as it sounds I wonder what can be offered to us as per expansion content or cosmetics.