DPU Black Boxes and Lua Security

CodeGlitch0

This is an important question regarding construct scripting... Will player Joe, who bought my flight stabilizer, be able to view the Lua scripts that are involved with it? Or will the scripts be visible only with the blueprint master for that construct, making the construct purchased a magical black box?

Obviously, as a savvy buyer I would want to review any scripts to make sure there aren't any hidden backdoors or overt flaws in the script. But on the flip side, as a builder I wouldn't want everyone and their dog to see my scripts and copy them for free to their own flight stabilizer... That would be very uncool.

I'm also interested in this.

The ability to conceal your LUA scripts would add value to the components you're building to sell to other players, otherwise it seems fairly trivial for people to just copy everything you make.

My understanding is LUA script that you would like to sell can be packaged into "components" (DPU constructs you'd like to sell), and the script itself is only visible to the coder.

My understanding is LUA script that you would like to sell can be packaged into "components" (DPU constructs you'd like to sell), and the script itself is only visible to the coder.

This is what I would guess too, and the user of the component would just see the names of the events and functions it can call.