TRANSLATE IT INTO SPANISH

JuzTEviL

Surely with time, more translations will become available. Currently, the largest playerbase speaks English, and French translation is also provided (because NQ is based in France). Another huge portion of the potential playerbase is Spanish-speaking of course, so I feel that Spanish will be high up on the list of translation priorities.

Also in the future, if I were you, I would not post thread titles that are all-caps and/or append multiple exclamation marks to the end of it. Helps to stay classy :)

Those people living up in the clouds often underestimate the sheer amount of german speaking people. It might be not so common as klingon but surely more than pirate speak :D

As I currently doubt there will be much voice overs or quest texts (please prove me wrong!) translations into the usual languages shouldn't be much of a problem.

But I am more than happy this forum is in english and not in french. B)

Those people living up in the clouds often underestimate the sheer amount of german speaking people. It might be not so common as klingon but surely more than pirate speak :D

Aha you're a clever one aren't you? Remind me to not eliminate this one :)

Yes steal me and hide me, so nobody can shoot me ;)

I (and collectively we) don't ever make the first move...you will contact us if you are interested...otherwise, here's some free target practice everyone. 

Allowing the community to help translate the game would avoid localization problems (oh my fucking god paradox for gods sake let your german community do the translation yours is TERRIBLE) and would lift quite some work load of the devs shoulders

That would be a good idea, but then you would still need to police what the community creates as the translation, otherwise you will get some people out there that translate it incorrectly on purpose just for fun.

Maybe you could do it as a average return translation over a large group of (allowed) people, where if certain translations come back higher than other ones then they can get chosen as the translation to be used. But again would would still require checking what's been translated.

Good idea, i think that (depending on how the games put together) there could be modders out there that will end up translating it anyway if the devs don't do it themselves, like i've seen in a few games now. :)

nora,

That would be a good idea, but then you would still need to police what the community creates as the translation, otherwise you will get some people out there that translate it incorrectly on purpose just for fun.

Maybe you could do it as a average return translation over a large group of (allowed) people, where if certain translations come back higher than other ones then they can get chosen as the translation to be used. But again would would still require checking what's been translated.

Good idea, i think that (depending on how the games put together) there could be modders out there that will end up translating it anyway if the devs don't do it themselves, like i've seen in a few games now. :)

nora,

Just to add onto this a little it could be an allowed moddable part of the game and using steams workshop or something similar so you could have things like pirate Elvin and other languages that normally are not supported by games because of reasons.

Just to add onto this a little it could be an allowed moddable part of the game and using steams workshop or something similar so you could have things like pirate Elvin and other languages that normally are not supported by games because of reasons.

You just got me thinking of a language pack based on the FireFly serious, where a lot of the words are translated into Japanese or something. Was a nice touch to the serious and i wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the game, but i know that it's probably not going to be like that as NPC will be next to none and the only chatting we know about is either the scripted AI when you start or your conversations between players.

Not really a place for the FireFly package i was thinking about, but translating to pirates and Elvin could be good, slightly confusing too if you don't follow them :)