Hi Everyone!

I discovered Dual Universe this week because of the trailer from E3. It's the only game I'm looking forward to that came out of this years conference.

Professionally, I'm a Senior DevOps Engineer (or Lead, it doesn't matter, the title just means more work), heading towards becoming a Technical Architect if things pan out for me. I find joy in planning out large projects and seeing them come together, whether it's on a professional level or even just finishing a mega project in Dwarf Fortress. I have several years of C++ development behind me, as well as over a decade of experience as a Systems Engineer. I've also been involved with Bitcoin for several years, but lately I've tried to focus my attention on other things as that culture became somewhat toxic to be around.

As a gamer, I enjoy games like Eve Online, Dwarf Fortress, Space Station 13, Minecraft, Empyrion, Star Wars Galaxies, Aurora 4x, WWII Online and Wurm Online. I tend to gravitate more towards sandbox multiplayer games, and games that are difficult to learn how to play effectively.

I also enjoy producing electronic music (Ableton Suite), mostly Tech House and Techno. 

I'm hoping I meet some cool people through DU, and hopefully get invited into a group that is actively enthusiastic about the game. 

Greetings!  Welcome to DU.  I also discovered it this week due to the E3 trailer presentation.  

As a fellow software developer, I am very interested to see what you come up with.

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of software developers here :-) 

What languages do you use?

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of software developers here :-) 

not only those but also space sim fans, like I

I was surprised not to see Elite Dangerous in your list of games.

why is that ? If I may be so blunt.

Welcome btw

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I'll start to recognize all of your names (though I'm recognizing your profile pictures) as we spend more time together here on the forums :-)

not only those but also space sim fans, like I
I was surprised not to see Elite Dangerous in your list of games.
why is that ? If I may be so blunt.

I played a few hundred hours of Elite Dangerous in the first few months of release, but it never felt like a complete game. Every now and then I'll put my DK2 on and fly around in VR, but in the end I still feels empty without the ability to construct and really call somewhere my own home.

That's the main reason I'm ecstatic about Dual Universe, the ability to finally be able to make a home for myself and my friends the way that we want in a non-instanced setting.

Which is not to say Elite Dangerous isn't a good game, I just don't play it very often because it's something I have trouble getting immersed in. 

I used to also play a ton of DayZ (the mod) but the announcement of standalone killed a good chunk of the playerbase, and ultimately the standalone hasn't really delivered in the same ways that the mod did. I'm sure that will change as development progresses on it, and I'm looking forward to trying out 0.60 this weekend to see how things have come along.

I think the only game in recent memory that has really let me down has been H1Z1, because I was one of the players who bought the game to play survival mode, not Battle Royale mode. The focus on BR ruined H1Z1 for me, and after consistently failing to deliver on their  (and after shutting down EQN), Daybreak games has lost my support and they're going to really have to try to get it back (along with much of the community from what I gather). 

Realized I didn't welcome you yet. Well welcome yamamushi. Can't wait to see you post some more articles to the forums. I especially found your last one about Economic currency. Keep up the good work.

And I'll say it again. Welcome