What city from a movie would you want to see recreated by players ingame?

Tiller

Atlantis.  Because the opportunity to build a flying city is not something to pass up.

It would be awesome if there was a requirement for fuel in the game. Having to constantly supply a flying city with more resources to keep the anti-grav drives on would be a feat worth bragging about.

I like the Los Angeles from Blade Runner! Good one.

Blade runner was my first DVD when the DVD format came out. One of my favorite movies.

As far as what city I would like to see...Elysium. Bespin. Tokyo 3.

Thought you might like it  :lol:

I also actually like Theed from planet Naboo. I love the conbination of fantasy/period styles with sci fi.

BPTpVcG.jpg

The Citadel from mass effect would be really neat to see, although i guess it was a gigantic construct in space so i'm not sure if that counts.

now that i'm thinking about it though, would building cities and stations from copyrighted games and movies produce legal problem in the future? and lets say EA files a lawsuit over someone creating The Citadel and the ensuing publicity the screen shots would receive. if the judge or jury side with EA, what gets done about the construct that started the whole thing. deleted, or time allotted to modify its appearance if possible.

Starkiller Base would be what I would want to make. Being able to use it? Don't really care. I know its not a city but I want it, lol.base-starkiller-19907.jpgand OMG this pic size....

• 5 years later...

I think every city in a hit movie would be interesting to see in real life. Especially in adventure movies, where the city is full of adventure and places that remind you of something pleasant or bring you someone shivers. I would very much like to see the cities in fantasy books and movies, because there is absolutely everything mysterious. Best I think I'd be amazed to see the city and all the locations in the Rings-of-Power. Especially due to the fact that in this case it is so beautifully combined the historical moments about the localities with the slightly more modern ones, this fact giving even more enthusiasm to the reader

Necropost, but I'll give my input anyway.

In this game, a territory unit is 1 km². To give you an idea how large that is, an important centralized mixed-use business district within a capital city in real-life has about 100 hectares (1 km²) of area. The average city (I'm not talking about a district) with skyscrapers and high-rises is designed to accommodate a population density of 20K people per km², so to apply this logic to the game, each of the 1 km² CBDs within that city is designed to accommodate about 20K on average. The city of Manila (an administrative district) in Metro Manila is the most densely-populated city in the world with a population density of 45k+ people per km². In this game, you run at 40 km/h. To give you an idea how fast that is, you can travel almost 7 km in 10 minutes by foot. An intra-city MRT in real-life is designed to operate at safe speed of 60 km/h only when the rail is good (when the rail is old, it operates at half of that speed). 

Do you need any transportation system/infrastructure to travel intra-city when you are the transportation? Even less, intra-district? Not even to transport inventories an avatar could not carry as there is 2 km of linked container HUB range. This is very centralized and efficient, so my question is why do you need more area? You can't possibly have traffic with no vehicles, you might as well build more centralized!

Do you have atleast 20K people to justify the development of a mixed-use CBD with multiple high-rises and skyscrapers in a territorial area the size of an actual CBD in real-life, making your community less centralized and therefore less efficient as you build bigger than what you need? Even more, a city? The point of building bigger vertically is to accommodate more population density and horizontally to accommodate more population. When population density becomes low due to under-capacitated horizontal development, your community becomes scattered (uncentralized) meaning less logistical efficiency.

As far as land is concerned, a territory unit in this game is the basic unit of land that can be owned individually. Do you know how big a km² is? That is an entire CBD in real-life and not just a commercial lot. My question is why is the basic unit so big for individual development? A community is a decentralized agglomeration of these individually-owned units, not a centralized individually-owned single unit of land that is so big. So how do we settle land dispute? You want us to build or buy a property on a land that we don't own? Do you know how a condo unit ownership works? You are forced to enter into a share agreement of land. If the game is completely player-driven, a share is not secured when there is no law. 

Another thing I would like to add is you don't finance any construction without any balancing. When your infrastructure spending is a surplus, it is a good investment, but when it is nothing but a deficit, you are an idiot! Why didn't Vietnam's proposed bullet train ever constructed despite being in proposal since about a decade ago? It's not economical! If you spend and then you make less than what you spent from it, you are not investing, you are just wasting money. You don't just build, you do a study first if it is economically viable! Everything I see in this game and everything people aspire to build are white elephant projects!

The game doesn't work! I ain't building anything! Where is the sense of reality based on gameplay? If you gonna limit the game to make it realistic gameplay-wise, you gonna limit the game so it works!  

This is the Golden Triangle CBD of Jakarta. 150 hectares (1.5 km²) in total.

Jakarta_Rizky-Maharani_Wikimedia-Commons.jpg

This is the SCBD of Jakarta. 50 hectares (0.5 km²) in total. To put this into perspective, this is as big as La Defense CBD in Paris. La Defense CBD is just half of a territory unit in this game! 

Sudirman Central Business District - Wikipedia

This is Ortigas CBD of Metro Manila. 100 hectares (1 km²) in total. A perfect example of a CBD the size of a territory unit.

a7a32db59bd13327e61640ecf8212533.jpg

Unrealistic urban planning and development gameplay speaking. Unrealistic corporate system with no security with the game forcing you to incorporate. Nothing in this game works! Even the economy in this game does not work!

Let's stop thinking unrealistically big when the fundamentals of the game all do not work in the first place!