Some questions about orbital stations

1. Will there be a limit to how big a station could be, or will there be repercussions for it that you have to take into account once it gets to big?

2. Will there be the ability to place plant life and water in your stations, or will those be a planet only thing?

To add to this question, will there be the ability to create artificial pools of water on a station?

ie, emptying out a lake from a planet and pouring the water out into a pool on a station. 

1. There isnt supposed to be a limit. The repercussions would be a bigger target and more thrust required to move it. Now with this said we dont know if there will be orbital mechanics or will it just sit there in space. (im under the impression there wont be but thats not confirmed)

2. No clue, we know theres water but dont know the nature of it. And it is assumed you can grow crops, thus plant them on a station, but its not confirmed and the mechanics are unknown. 

3. See 2, we know water will exist but dont know the nature of it. 

thanks, because I wanted to know the theoretical possibilities to make a ring like the ones from the halo franchise but so far it doesnt seem like theres much on orbital stations atm

Well you will definatly be able to put something in orbit, its a question of will it actually orbit or will it just sit there in the location you put it. 

A few of us have discussed the possibility of much larger ring worlds as well. I figured someone would try to recreate the halo ring eventually. .

I'm interested in what it will look like if a planetary ring is destroyed. Whether the pieces will rain down onto a planet because of gravity, or whether they will just float around in space. 

I'm interested in what it will look like if a planetary ring is destroyed. Whether the pieces will rain down onto a planet because of gravity, or whether they will just float around in space. 

Well for that there will have to be internal stresses to actually break the thing apart. I doubt that will be impliment in the near future as it is highly resource intensive. So even if gravity extended out and didnt just have a cutoff. Id expect the worse is an uneven gravity pull, shifting the whole thing into the planet if anything at all. It is likely the CG would be what is pulled, which wouldnt have much of an effect. 

If the ring were to break apart and be affected by gravity, it would have to do considerable amount of damage to the planet which would have to cause catastrophic destruction which would use a lot of resources to just pull off so I can see them not implement gravity, or at the very east not implementing destruction from debris.

A Halo ring seems overly large... something that could literally take real life decades to make in game... 

I'm interested in something more like a Babylon 5 style and size of station.  Basically a cylinder with a light source running through the center and plants growing on the inner surface with several decks radiating out full of market shops and cargo storage and refueling stations and ship maintenance.  And it spins to provide gravity.

I wonder how gravity will work in terms of ship design.  I think it's basically known that "magic" artificial gravity will be employed meaning rotating ships would be obsolete... Which probably means my thoughts of recreating B5 ships is not going to happen or if possible the rotation is just cosmetic and not actually useful... But I hope some option for the more "primitive" method is available.

Also an M.C. Escher ship would be fun... if you can freely adjust the orientation of gravity over short distances inside a ship...