How to Apply for Alpha?

chiller72

There is no available Alpha for DU yet, unfortunately.  I believe it is planned for later this year, but may be part of a kickstarter campaign. In the meantime, get yourself active with helping out on these forums and perhaps we will get noticed. :)

I thought I could find the answer somewhere in the forums, but I haven't yet: How can one apply to test the Alpha?

I would love to be a part of the development of this MMO.

Welcome to the forums of DU, unfortunately the alpha is not out yet but planned for early 2017 alongside kickstarter, and that is the only access to any alpha that we are aware of at the moment.

Not even the alpha team members have any access to the game till then, and getting into that team depends on good behaviour, forum participaton and basically if the devs decide to have you or not.

However I'd like to point out that having your first post asking for alpha participation isn't really standing you in good stead to be placed in the alpha team.

So far it's the major contributors to the forums ideas and gameplay ideas that have been noticed.

So if you really want to get alpha, participate in the forums and offer constructive feedback on subjects already posted and in general be a nice person here, even if you don't get alpha, I'm sure you can make a few friends for the game in the mean time :)

But yeah, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

P.s. this post also applies to any new people joining the forums purely in search of a alpha of the game, sadly at this moment there is not one.

Nora,

Still hoping myself that I get in with the Alpha Team.  I got buddies in it and want to play with them so bad.  I will be streaming the heck out of this game when it comes out.

I am hoping the Community Manager can provide us streamers with some beta keys to give out while streaming as well to help promote the game.

Step one. Wait for alpha.

Step Two. Keep waiting for alpha

Step Three. Get tired and demand the alpha

Step Four. Be ignored

Step Five. After five eternities, play the alpha.

But in all seriousness, the alpha is just a wait for the news right now.

Welcome to the forums of DU, unfortunately the alpha is not out yet but planned for early 2017 alongside kickstarter, and that is the only access to any alpha that we are aware of at the moment.

Not even the alpha team members have any access to the game till then, and getting into that team depends on good behaviour, forum participaton and basically if the devs decide to have you or not.

However I'd like to point out that having your first post asking for alpha participation isn't really standing you in good stead to be placed in the alpha team.

So far it's the major contributors to the forums ideas and gameplay ideas that have been noticed.

So if you really want to get alpha, participate in the forums and offer constructive feedback on subjects already posted and in general be a nice person here, even if you don't get alpha, I'm sure you can make a few friends for the game in the mean time :)

But yeah, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

P.s. this post also applies to any new people joining the forums purely in search of a alpha of the game, sadly at this moment there is not one.

Nora,

I have to say it's refreshing to see a game community that actually rewards it's active participants in such a way. Bravo to NovaQuark for that!

Step Five. After five eternities, play the alpha.

Just to be sure. I don't know how many of you have seen projects like this during alphas. It is hardly playing the alpha, it is just about doing certain things you are asked to do. This might be repetitive and boring. The most fun you probably get out of it are the chats, if chats are already possible ;)