neutral zones

netshaman

Hi all, I have an idea about the neutral zones. As you know in most mmorpg neutral zones are fixed, as you said you want to innove in this game, so here is my idea. Instead of starting all players in the same neutral zone, how about make a "neutral zone pod", a device that deploys a sort of neutralization dome that prevents firearms working but only blades. This pod can be hacked and have a limited time use (depends on the charge of battery), hacking the pod needs a skill level or key or whatever you want to implement ingame, there are several models of pods that have different properties depending of the type of the device like radius of effect, decay of effect, type of effect, effective against weapons or vessels or scanners, single effective or multipurpose device etc. A player starts with a basic model of device and have a limited time before battery is depleted (search of mean of recharge is a priority), he can take it with him and go everywhere he wants and use it to protect himself from adversity within certain limits, but in some dangerous places like volcanic or high electromagnetic places it is inoperative,it can also be a one use only device that have only one charge.Some models can be included in a ship but its use depletes energy cells very quickly. That's all, feel free to comment, if you like or not this idea.

The new single shard server technology works better when players are in closer proximity to each other ( updates information faster) The Devs while promoting freedom, do want player to try and be together to make worlds thrive and want bigger and more complex things to need many players working together as it would be in real life. I think this is one of the core reason they will be starting us together in one safe zone.

two things. we all start off in the ark zone around the arkship, however there will be ways to make similar areas later that require a lot of power. starting in the ark zone fits the lore of the game mainly. and makes it easier to find ppl at the start.

side note. i noticed you said something about blade. unfortunately there will be no melee. at least not anytime soon, some might hope it will come later

I can see how the lock and fire thing would be necessary or preferred for vehicle combat, though I'm not fond of it. But I wish that infantry based combat would be more like an FPS, just my thoughts. I like the fast paced stuff, even if I'm not very good at it.