Underwater colonies/gas giants aerial colonies?

Kambalo

Has anyone mentioned or suggested to the devs to create underwater or aerial colonies?

Underwater colonies in planets where the land mass is inhabitable or non existent but the surface of the planet is covered on water or other type of liquid which would allow the construction of colonies on the floor of the ocean and the extraction of breathable gases from the environment.

Aerial colonies would be an step further than starbases. Starbases are more like the military type of installation, where the aerial colonies would be a more spread-out neighborhood of modules that could exist separated by themselves from any SB and thrive as miners/traders, etc mining or using the gases in the gas giant as main source of revenue and work.

Yes, in fact, several threads (which I am currently too lazy to hunt down) have mentioned the possibility of underwater constructs and regions. I will allow Nora and his DU forums index to find the corresponding links.

Aerial colonies should also be no problem. If you've seen the E3 trailer, you can see a space station as the ship flies off of the planet. I don't see too much of an issue with building several of these in a space neighborhood, if you have the resources.

Awesome, would be nice to have a vast array of possibilities when trying to colonize a planet, from terraforming to aerial bases, underground or underwater colonies using caves or underwater trenches as places to build colonies could increase the game appeal.

We have a selection, but like Astro I've just had my dinner and am currently to lazy to fine the right ones so i'll just randomly pull some from my belt of forumness :)

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/480-building-under-water/

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/501-water-world/

That being said i would go as far to say that you will be able to build underwater, as Nyz has confirmed that there will be liquid water, and water of different varieties. The only thing we don't know if how the water will be affected with physics.

So if you dig a hole we don't know yet how the hole would fill back up with water, will it be like minecraft pattern based filling or will it be more realistic and flow into it from the source.

The other things are things like pressure and buoyancy, will the water have these?.. we just don't know yet.

Nya has said that they are currently working on water and how to implement it but there is nothing that can be confirmed or discussed outside the dev's circle at the moment, but i'm sure there will be something to do with water. They wouldn't make multiple types of water without there being a use or it ;)

https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/742466438619926528

nora,