Greetings!

Hey everyone!

I just heard about Dual Universe yesterday, and my interest is piqued.  I currently play CodeSpells, which seems--in some ways--like the magic/wizard version of Dual Universe and have also tinkered with building/scripting in Second Life in the past.  Dual sounds like it might be an interesting combination of Second Life and space, which definitely has me interested. Especially since all the junk you find in SL should be largely impossible in Dual.

On another note, I'm a full time professional developer who has been dreaming (and partially implementing on the hobbyist side) a space game which has very similar goals to Dual, by the descriptions given.  I'd love to get in contact with the devs at some point to discuss ideas, but in the meantime, you will likely find me lurking around these forums.

Looking forward to see how this project pans out!

-CodeGlitch0

EDIT: My role in the game would definitely be artist / builder / space engineer.

I will likely be specializing in base and ship security / defense / weaponry when Dual comes out to alpha and beyond. If you will need those services, keep me on your contact list. 

Welcome to the DU family CodeGlitch! It's becoming a prolific one at that. Take a look through the forums and devblogs...I suggest starting by clicking the banner in my signature. You may find a home there, I don't know :)

Enjoy!

P.S. Nora, don't you dare say anything. :D

Hello everyone!!

I saw this game earlier today and my friends and I are really excited about this game and are thoroughly looking forward to it. I come from a background of EVE, Space Engineers, Sarbound, FF11/14, and SWTOR and so do most of my friends. I am looking forward to playing with yal and we are working on getting a group of our friends together to build a guild. Currently playing The Division, SWTOR, and EVE. Can't wait to see the future of this project! 

Role in the game would be Guild Leader/Engineer/Trader/Explorer

Welcome to the DU family CodeGlitch! It's becoming a prolific one at that. Take a look through the forums and devblogs...I suggest starting by clicking the banner in my signature. You may find a home there, I don't know :)

Enjoy!

P.S. Nora, don't you dare say anything. :D

Does this count ?....

I didn't even do anything and i'm being told to be quite... :o

But yeah, Welcome to the forums, I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work if you have a development of a game similar to that of DU, would be nice to see more games like DU.. Nothing bad comes from a little healthy competition, :)

I hope you enjoy your stay in DU 

nora,

But yeah, Welcome to the forums, I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work if you have a development of a game similar to that of DU, would be nice to see more games like DU.. Nothing bad comes from a little healthy competition, :)

I hope you enjoy your stay in DU 

nora,

I have no spare time and no budget for it, unfortunately. The way things are going, it will not serve as any sort of competition to DU in the next decade at least.  Other than a few components, it's largely still merely a concept.  lol

What I do have is a partially complete implementation of a custom block-based programming language for simple UI based programming that anyone can do, a partially completed set up for a distributed cloud-based backend server cluster for the ultra-mmo aspect, and a barely started pluggable interfacing system for ship component design and interaction.