Hydro dynamics

conker4

We all know what this is right...

I was thinking that a space game would not need these but it would be great for when you are down on planets.

Maybe water planets.

To be able to go under water and make a base or city there or maybe manipulate body's of water to change the landscape around you and to make the planet your own.

In extension if the game is going to be more of a rpg/economist/community than a pvp ebola fest e.g. dayz then wouldn't it be great to have ships and trade with other factions/countries that are on the same planet.

I'm maybe wising for too much and or letting my mid go a little.

I would love for the worlds to be the main points of the game with the explorable universe not being a small part of the game but an equal to living on a world and using its resources to expand while having to be diplomatic with the fellow factions that you share a world with.

although this a space game i would love for there to be the ability for you to find a planet and stay there while exploring all the game mechanics that the game will hopefully have.

in short not that adding water physics will change the game but it will add more way for people to play the game and will add another depth into the game that will allow this game to go from a universal civilization game to a planet civilization game where people can play the game in a way that relates to the world we live in right now.

There has been a post on this before, but I don't know where to look and find a Lin (I bet Nora has it).

In short it is something us in the forums would love, but we don't know to what extent it will exist in the game. Fluid dynamics can be quite resource intensive. Just look at how much stress it puts in MC when flowing.

Id love to be able to build hydro power systems. And use water for various mechanics. From the lore, water exist but we aren't sure how.

There has been a post on this before, but I don't know where to look and find a Lin (I bet Nora has it).

In short it is something us in the forums would love, but we don't know to what extent it will exist in the game. Fluid dynamics can be quite resource intensive. Just look at how much stress it puts in MC when flowing.

Id love to be able to build hydro power systems. And use water for various mechanics. From the lore, water exist but we aren't sure how.

Confirmed to have Liquid water (and different types of water) by Nyz on both twitch during E3 and on Twitter. However water physics are still early in development and they are unsure of how far into it they can do.

But water will be liquid.

As for the economy, there will be a 'Market Element' that you can setup 'wherever' you like that can act as a normal market place you would find on any other game, but it's supposed to be networked so you can have several different types or market or markets in different locations.

For example you could have a central market on Alioth for all the major trading and then smaller markets on the outskirts with all different prices giving you the option to play the market, Buy cheap at the outskirts and sell for more in the centre.

There are countless gamemechanics that we super users on the forums are not even aware of, we just know the basics i think in what DU will become or is planned to be. So any small mechanics that you want to stay on a planet and do, i imagine that you will have your time full trying to do them all :)

nora,

You disappoint me Nora, I expected links.

I really am trying to find the e3 discussion video so I can watch it again, I couldn't focus much at work to what was said.

But awesome, that's the first confirmation of fluid water I've heard.

I hope it's truly fluid and not like empyrion. It's somewhat fluid but won't really flow and expand. I dug a trench to flood a nearby mine I finished just to test. It expanded a but but then stopped there. Like there was an invisible area of land confining it.

You disappoint me Nora, I expected links.

I really am trying to find the e3 discussion video so I can watch it again, I couldn't focus much at work to what was said.

But awesome, that's the first confirmation of fluid water I've heard.

I hope it's truly fluid and not like empyrion. It's somewhat fluid but won't really flow and expand. I dug a trench to flood a nearby mine I finished just to test. It expanded a but but then stopped there. Like there was an invisible area of land confining it.

Don't know how well this will turn out because it's the first Tweet i've link, but - https://twitter.com/dualuniverse/status/742469491083317248

The actual liquid quote was in twitch i think as i can't seem to find it. :(