The Internet in-game?

Linxie

So the core of this idea is based off of a UI element that is community driven, - Like  newspaper... 

For example there you will access the Wiki, the Developer blog, In-game forums linked to here(Not sure can be done), then you can have the RP sections.. where you can story develop aspects of current events of major Factions...

Example: X Faction is Attacking plant Y from Faction B... Read more here: Click into the webpage and you go to another tab... 

Or even place the market place on it, making it open and not blocked up like old game MMO Auction house markets. - Where you can list things and describe...

There you have friends list and so on, all things in a more immersive and connective way, so then there isn't this game immersion breaking press a key and open a friends list, but rather a Linking way into the game universe manner. 

So many things can be added to it... 

This sounds like an interesting idea, and doesn't exactly need to be locked to RP, unless i'm misinterpreting it.

What your saying is to have a player managed newspaper or information device that people can populate with their own information, with the potential of linking it to the market units and other elements in the game?

This could be interesting actually, it could be like setting up a new "/group" channel but more RP based, where you would need to setup a base with a antenna that broadcasts your News/Information to anyone who wants it.

Like a visual radio, you tune in your 'News Device' and what is displayed is down to the user who manages it. You could add a ingame subscription to the 'News Device' too so if you have enough information and are popular enough you could make it your ingame job to update the people playing the game.

I don't know if i've fully understood what you said, but is it something like that ?

If it is, there is nothing been mentioned about something like that yet, or not exactly like it (there are radio devices been requested) but i like this 'News/Information Device' idea better :)

nora,

So the core of this idea is based off of a UI element that is community driven, - Like  newspaper... 

For example there you will access the Wiki, the Developer blog, In-game forums linked to here(Not sure can be done), then you can have the RP sections.. where you can story develop aspects of current events of major Factions...

Example: X Faction is Attacking plant Y from Faction B... Read more here: Click into the webpage and you go to another tab... 

Or even place the market place on it, making it open and not blocked up like old game MMO Auction house markets. - Where you can list things and describe...

There you have friends list and so on, all things in a more immersive and connective way, so then there isn't this game immersion breaking press a key and open a friends list, but rather a Linking way into the game universe manner. 

So many things can be added to it... 

I never want one thing to be its soul idea, locking it to RP only, it is just one aspect example :)

But yea, it can have a dev blog update in it... - you name it.. Link up with closest player via it... just to make it more social...

Could even have bounty hunter listings, along with recourse trading off it, so there is no visit NPC X then buying and selling like a silly AH.