Hotas Systems

Ozzwald

Does anyone know if this game will support Hotas controllers while flying ships?

I dont think anyone will be able to answer you atm. 

All I can tell you is that if you can map it to keyboard bindings, it should work. As for direct in game support, I doubt even the devs know at this stage. 

Remember they are pre-alpha, and recently changed game engines to give them more functionality. Let them get the basic game working and worry about controler interface down the road in Beta. 

Edit: Sorry, I dont mean to sound rude. And welcome to the forum. 

I have the X-55 Hotas, love it.  I also hope it will be usable in this game.  Mouse and keyboard is fine for building and such but for flying and combat in ships, HOTAS please....

I bought it for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizens, but use it more for ED since the hotas setup in SC stinks.

Looks like I may have to look into some if they impliment them. I've gotten really good at flight with mouse and keyboard, (hours and hours in front line crashing jets to get the basics down for starters) to the point a joystick feels odd. But lately lack of keys has been an issue, especially if I will be using keybindings to control a systems.

I have a hotas, but i choose not to use it as i find it gets in the way if the game is not 100% in cockpit flight. I got sick of having to move it back and forth when i wanted to fly/ walk.

I would always prefer the Keyboard and mouse simply for ease of use and no need for any extra controllers, but I wouldn't be against the idea of implementing Hotas as it would give more ways to pilot ships, i just hope they don't neglect a part of the game to include it or make the keyboard and mouse worse because of it, as keyboard and mouse i would think is what the majority will use.

nora,