Interactable NPC's, each who has their own questline

onciest

Would be interesting to see some good old voice acted dialogue, along with some interesting stories and quests that include friends you partner up with that sort of get you started anywhere. Seeing them interact with eachother, sell goods, trade, mine, chop trees, etc... talk about the cities players have built. I am extremely excited about this game. :)

Would be interesting to see some good old voice acted dialogue, along with some interesting stories and quests that include friends you partner up with that sort of get you started anywhere. Seeing them interact with eachother, sell goods, trade, mine, chop trees, etc... talk about the cities players have built. I am extremely excited about this game. :)

Welcome to the forums, Unfortunately all the NPC's we currently know about at the moment is aboard the main starting Arkship on the home planet Alioth, and it's the AI that controls the ship and brings you out of your slumber after travelling 10,000 years. It will assist you in re-learning all the skills that you forgot about while travelling to Alioth :)

nora,

At least starting out. 

My bet is once the initial game is built, you're going to see a lot more content.

Heck!  I'm wondering how much of that can be done vai scripting.

Bear in mind that DU is going to be an emergent, player led, true MMO.  PvE will be quite limited.  I think they are planning some NPC content, but the main focus is on players creating content.  I even remember reading something about players creating missions which other players can pick up.

It does seem there will be no NPC missions, and as stated, at least at first, NPCs will be severely limited. It is said there will be a few to boost the game in the early days. Everything will be up to the players. 

Now a player may pay you so much to go get wood, but you could also get the wood youself then put it on the market. Or maybe you know people are using refined stone, so you mine the stone, refine it, and put it on the market. 

Have you read the dev blogs yet? They give a really good sense of what they plan to do with the game. 

Tags, missions, requirements, bonds. Other things.

Check out the devblog, for more information.

Yes emergent gameplay. Lots of PVP. As inevitably there will be conflicts.

I'd like to see some PvE in the game, but I wouldn't place it at a high priority.

Pirates, Aliens, and I honestly believe there will eventually need to be protected sectors.  But this will all be lead by player demand.

Imho, NQ should focus on the game infrastructure, and when the need arises, implement more advance features in future expansions.

I would certainly be in for some good voice acting and dialogue, even if it is just Aphelia, who I am assuming is female.

But who would voice a AI that has the ability to have any voice you want it to have?.....

"“Do you desire a change in vocal register? We can offer you the voice of your mother, your brother, seven of your Terran friends, or a star of your choice. Do you have a preference?”"

Link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/08/07/dual-universe-part-2/

“Your voice…is familiar…”

“You chose it upon your departure from Earth. It is the resequenced voice of your fiancée, Stella Maris."

Link: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/07/31/dual-universe-part-1/

Maybe we could choose from a selection, so we choose from a group of 'people from our earth lives' to be in the AI voice that we can change whenever we like :)