NQ-Nyzaltar

Announcement: Dual Universe at E3 PC Gaming Show!

(Posted Friday 10th of June 2016 on the DevBlog

pcgamingshow-2015.jpg?w=600

We are extremely happy and proud to announce that we will be at the PC Gaming Show at E3 next Monday, on June 13th, 11:30PM/PST. The PC Gaming Show is a unique opportunity to showcase the exciting and cool projects being made on PC, with a very large live audience, also live streamed on Twitch.

I’ll be on stage for a short interview of a few minutes, which is a great way to introduce the core concept of the game and answer people questions. It’s very short, so we will be straight to the point: what is Dual Universe? What makes it unique? What’s the gameplay? Etc.

Keep an eye on the PC Gaming Show Twitch account, our Twitter account and our Facebook page because I have the feeling that something big could be revealed next Monday ;)

PS: As you can see, Novaquark is in very good company!

pc-gaming-show-partners.png?w=600

JC Baillie
Project Lead

Before anyone ask the question: Yes this is the dedicated thread to talk about the PC Gaming Show at E3 2016.

Feel free to tell what you'll expect to see, and where you can give your feedback once you will have watched it on Monday June, 13th  ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

"In Good company" Was that a clue!?!?

Haha... Who knows? ;)

However, I'm pretty sure he was refering to the prestigious logos surrounding Novaquark in the second picture :D

Best regards,

Nyzaltard

I expect y'all to announce that y'all have been holding back on us and the game is ready to release that night so we can play.

Short of that, since it will be short and not much detail, maybe a date for the kick-starter and alpha release.

I expect y'all to announce that y'all have been holding back on us and the game is ready to release that night so we can play.

Short of that, since it will be short and not much detail, maybe a date for the kick-starter and alpha release.

I'm guessing a Trailer, Crafting and manipulating of materials information, and planet surface to orbit to solar system fly by.... Maybe if we are lucky we will see some form of ingame game play, not a prerendered video of the game play.

I have high hopes for this Nyz.. If you let me down... so help me god... i willl..... i will...... well I'll do nothing because i can't wait for DU :)

Also, will you yourself make an appearance at all?.. I know who JC Baillie is because I did a little background to NQ (which you know about) but I haven't the foggiest about who you are.. and I think i speak for everyone on the forums when I say... you are the face of DU to us and we are curious about you also :)

nora,

I'm with you in this one xD

My expectation will be the 1st Game footage/trailer... You don't just present a game at E3 without having a trailer to back it... so that's what I'm guessing, if not then I'll go with Kick-starter :P

I want Nyzaltar to rig up some cameras and record himself coming to work in cosplay. Unannounced to any of the other workers and then saying

"Oh real nice guys, I thought we all agreed to wear the uniform on thursdays." Before storming back out of the building.

Good luck J-C Baillie, shake hands with rich people, impress the plebeians. Also don't get any weird ideas from certain select developers.

I want Nyzaltar to rig up some cameras and record himself coming to work in cosplay. Unannounced to any of the other workers and then saying

"Oh real nice guys, I thought we all agreed to wear the uniform on thursdays." Before storming back out of the building.

Good luck J-C Baillie, shake hands with rich people, impress the plebeians. Also don't get any weird ideas from certain select developers.

Ok, I didn't know i wanted something till you mentioned it. ok Nyz, you have your job cut out for you next week :)

I totally agree thought with saffi about not gettin ideas from other developers, unless they are awesome ideas and they would totaly fit inside DU then go right ahead, but i would imagine when you are at E3 there are alot of weird and wonderful things going on...

Must remember to actually attend an E3 before I become incapable of doing so.

nora,

Haha... Well... We would love to make that kind of surprise (being already and secretly at the point of official release) to open the universe to all of you... and joining you in the process. Unfortunately we will have to wait a bit more than that. :(

I'm guessing a Trailer, Crafting and manipulating of materials information, and planet surface to orbit to solar system fly by.... Maybe if we are lucky we will see some form of ingame game play, not a prerendered video of the game play. I have high hopes for this Nyz.. If you let me down... so help me god... i willl..... i will...... well I'll do nothing because i can't wait for DU :)

Also, will you yourself make an appearance at all?.. I know who JC Baillie is because I did a little background to NQ (which you know about) but I haven't the foggiest about who you are.. and I think i speak for everyone on the forums when I say... you are the face of DU to us and we are curious about you also :)

nora,

Keep in mind we're very limited in time during this show: we'll have a few minutes to present the game. So you can't expect to see everything we would want to.

There are a lot of participants to squeeze in a show lasting just 1 hour and a half. I won't make any appearance this year. It was kind of unexpected (and an amazing surprise!) to be invited at the PC Gaming Show at such early stage of the development. So the whole team has put tremendous efforts to work on "something" on such short notice, to be worthy of this opportunity. That doesn't prevent the fact that, while we are all excited about the event, we keep a cool head regarding our budget. We don't have a big publisher behind us, so we try to be careful toward unplanned spending outside the development of the game. So, nope I won't be at E3 2016. Maybe next year? But it's too soon to say for sure, right now.

I'm with you in this one xD

My expectation will be the 1st Game footage/trailer... You don't just present a game at E3 without having a trailer to back it... so that's what I'm guessing, if not then I'll go with Kick-starter :P

E3 requirements to participate? We don't know what you're talking about... :P

Wait, whaaat?  :o

I've only have a Darth Vader cosplay outfit (because on the Dark Side we have cookies, etc) but that's all!

Not sure either other people would understand what's going on (we are the only game studio in a big building), and I don't know if the security guys have a sense of humor...  :ph34r:

I see an AMD logo but no Nvidia.   And no Vive. 

It was probably difficult to make everyone attend the event.

Again, there is already a huge amount of people presenting something in just 1 hour and a half.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Haha... Well... We would love to make that kind of surprise (being already and secretly at the point of official release) to open the universe to all of you... and joining you in the process. Unfortunately we will have to wait a bit more than that. :(

We will wait, but we will not be pleased.... Unless of course its a trailer or some ingame video, then i think we can be happy about waiting a little longer :)

Keep in mind we're very limited in time during this show: we'll have a few minutes to present the game. So you can't expect to see everything we would want to.

There are a lot of participants to squeeze in a show lasting just 1 hour and a half. I won't make any appearance this year. It was kind of unexpected (and an amazing surprise!) to be invited at the PC Gaming Show at such early stage of the development. So the whole team has put tremendous efforts to work on "something" on such short notice, to be worthy of this opportunity. That doesn't prevent the fact that, while we are all excited about the event, we keep a cool head regarding our budget. We don't have a big publisher behind us, so we try to be careful toward unplanned spending outside the development of the game. So, nope I won't be at E3 2016. Maybe next year? But it's too soon to say for sure, right now.

This is interesting. I'm more curious as to what you have in store now since you have to do all this kind of last minute preparations. But i understand why you were invited, i mean, DU is trying to break all the limits... all the good ones... biggest most free sandbox that i know of being in development and has the biggest ambition seeing as it's all player made and emergent game play and that, i completely understand why you guys where invited... You should have expected it more than a surprise :)...If you need more money to do more crazy things with the budget you have now.. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would 'assist' you in that matter :)

Wait, whaaat?   :o

I've only have a Darth Vader cosplay outfit (because on the Dark Side we have cookies, etc) but that's all!

Not sure either other people would understand what's going on (we are the only game studio in a big building), and I don't know if the security guys have a sense of humor...   :ph34r:

Well you've shot yourself in the foot here, because now we know you have one we are going to demand it, you know that right?... We will want a team photo of everyone in normal clothes and then you with your Darth Vadar outfit behind them brandishing cookies for everyone with either a chefs hat or apron on :)

It was probably difficult to make everyone attend the event.

Again, there is already a huge amount of people presenting something in just 1 hour and a half.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

They should just give you guys the hour and a half and sack of the rest. only fair given that your game is going to be better after all :)

nora, 

As far as the information of E3 goes, I would be happy just to learn something new about the game, or to have some long awaited information released. The real hopes are that J-C will have a good smooth presentation with no technical difficulties, I expect an influx of new players to hit the forums in the days and weeks after E3. I would assume that if it goes really well, some new deals and or backers may appear for NQ.

As for you Nyzaltar, what I really meant to say is I want you to become the first to cosplay the Arkship EVA suit https://dual-static-web.s3.amazonaws.com/static/img/screenshots/city.jpg , I understand if you have to smuggle it into the building past the guards and then get changed in some hidden corner.

Bonus points though if you were to wear it through security.

However, I would also be able to appreciate a surprise 'Darkside Cookies Nyzaltar' event with some pictures of it as it went down at the office.

As far as the information of E3 goes, I would be happy just to learn something new about the game, or to have some long awaited information released. The real hopes are that J-C will have a good smooth presentation with no technical difficulties, I expect an influx of new players to hit the forums in the days and weeks after E3. I would assume that if it goes really well, some new deals and or backers may appear for NQ.

As for you Nyzaltar, what I really meant to say is I want you to become the first to cosplay the Arkship EVA suit https://dual-static-web.s3.amazonaws.com/static/img/screenshots/city.jpg , I understand if you have to smuggle it into the building past the guards and then get changed in some hidden corner.

Bonus points though if you were to wear it through security.

However, I would also be able to appreciate a surprise 'Darkside Cookies Nyzaltar' event with some pictures of it as it went down at the office.

If there is ever a costume of them arkship eva suits, i want one. I will come to paris to collect it if i must, but i want one.

And +1 to saffi because i would like to see the arksuit eva Nyz proposing cookies to the team members :)

nora,

I think, in terms of PR, DU must release some kind of in-game video. Sure their goals are lofty but so are Battlescape's and Elite Dangerous. And while I can appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, there are so many unknowns at this stage. Moreover, since Star...never going to finish...citizen came onto the scene, potential kickstarter supporters are more skeptical and hesitant with their hard earned cash. I for one am one of them. So a video would be a good start...anything less and it's 'meh'. 

I think, in terms of PR, DU must release some kind of in-game video. Moreover, since Star...never going to finish...citizen came onto the scene, potential kickstarter supporters are more skeptical and hesitant with their hard earned cash.

They don't need to be rushed to do it this summer. If we're looking at a kick starter in the winter, they have time to generate more content/game mechanic examples to show off before that gets going. Something that most of those others you've mentioned didn't have when they launched a kick starter and people still bought into the concept and pledged.

They don't need to be rushed to do it this summer. If we're looking at a kick starter in the winter, they have time to generate more content/game mechanic examples to show off before that gets going. Something that most of those others you've mentioned didn't have when they launched a kick starter and people still bought into the concept and pledged.

This ^, there is plenty of time for them to do whatever they want with the game before the kickstarter, and get whatever content and footage just right for it, or for after it.

It would be nice for the kickstarter to raise them a lot of funds and that they reach all the stretch goals, but if they require a little more time to do something i'd prefer them to take their time doing it.

When it comes to games that are going to be good, regardless of how long they take, i don't mind waiting for them.

To comment on Zen's post, In my opinion Elite is only finished because i find it lacking any real content, all i found myself doing was flying from system to system looking for something to do but always finding either 'Haul this', or 'Sell this Scan'.. boring. Whereas Star Citizen has got a whole story planned for behind it while also having a sandbox style portion on the side. Yeah it's going to take time to release, that is because the game is going to have more to do if they can pull it off.

THIS IS MY OPINION. Bought them both, played them both, followed them both, found one lacking content and the other lacking a release date.

But more to the point, if there is a reason to wait for something to happen in DU i don't mind waiting. I don't want anything rushed on it, simply to meet a deadline, that includes any kickstarter or fund raising or promises made, as long as they 'eventually happen' I don't mind if any take twice as long.

I just want DU to be the best it can be :)

nora,

Wow never seen the progress it takes to make a game, and so far it seems amazing and glad to witness this happening. I can't wait to watch E3 and see you guys present DU

This ^, there is plenty of time for them to do whatever they want with the game before the kickstarter, and get whatever content and footage just right for it, or for after it.

It would be nice for the kickstarter to raise them a lot of funds and that they reach all the stretch goals, but if they require a little more time to do something i'd prefer them to take their time doing it.

When it comes to games that are going to be good, regardless of how long they take, i don't mind waiting for them.

To comment on Zen's post, In my opinion Elite is only finished because i find it lacking any real content, all i found myself doing was flying from system to system looking for something to do but always finding either 'Haul this', or 'Sell this Scan'.. boring. Whereas Star Citizen has got a whole story planned for behind it while also having a sandbox style portion on the side. Yeah it's going to take time to release, that is because the game is going to have more to do if they can pull it off.

THIS IS MY OPINION. Bought them both, played them both, followed them both, found one lacking content and the other lacking a release date.

But more to the point, if there is a reason to wait for something to happen in DU i don't mind waiting. I don't want anything rushed on it, simply to meet a deadline, that includes any kickstarter or fund raising or promises made, as long as they 'eventually happen' I don't mind if any take twice as long.

I just want DU to be the best it can be :)

nora,

Sorry but I think you are greatly overestimating demand and underestimating what average players expect. Clearly we are here now because we are hardcore space fanatics so our opinions are somewhat bias towards any kickstarter that involves a spaceship, planet or asteroid. Also you are not taking into account how average players now perceive kickstarters after two prominent ones have not made their release dates (star citien) and the other providing little to no content (elite dangerous). And sure, DU doesn't need to be rushed but it also shouldn't fall into the trap of expecting support in a very competitive market strewn with dubious kickstarters. So sure, DU doesn't need to put out an in-game video, but Battlescape didn't either and look where they are! Sorry but DU is going to have to really up their game if they want to garner support in a market that is competing more and more for players. And I am not talking just about us....they had us at space. Also take note how many new members are signing up to DU forums - VERY few. Sorry to sound like a doubting Thomas but things have changed since the heady days of SC and ED when they first appeared....complacency is a dangerous thing.