Player-crafted tools/elements?

I haven't been able to figure this out so far from reading about, but I have a few questions about what it is possible/productive to build/craft.  I understand that constructs seem to be the focus of player-based customization, but will players be able to design/script/modify tools and elements as well?

Not likely.

Creating in-game tools that allow players to create their own elements is very time-consuming and resource-demanding. I've actually asked this question a while ago and the response was

Nope. There will not be in-game tools for custom element creation.

I haven't been able to figure this out so far from reading about, but I have a few questions about what it is possible/productive to build/craft.  I understand that constructs seem to be the focus of player-based customization, but will players be able to design/script/modify tools and elements as well?

This would be very difficult to implement and taxing on the servers. So i do not think so

Not likely.

Creating in-game tools that allow players to create their own elements is very time-consuming and resource-demanding. I've actually asked this question a while ago and the response was

Nope. There will not be in-game tools for custom element creation.

Do we know if there will be some kind of suggestion box for new elements/tools or the potential for an out of game method for developing these for players?

Link here

Q&A 18: Monday 25th July 2016

In the E3 video, it shows what looks like a pre-made cockpit. When it comes to things like that and ship cores/engines, will we be limited to pre-made assets? Or, will there be a possibility to design our own?

It won’t be possible to design its own assets. However, we are thinking about a way to let people customize optional logos that could be visible on certain Elements, probably at the level of an organization. Besides, in the long run, we hope to be able to produce a wide variety of different styles for each Elements, so that you get the possibility to find what looks best for you and your play style. But, as you can guess, it will take time (and money) to do this, so don’t expect a lot of variety at start.