Scale?

Ok, I've been playing Elite Dangerous for a cpl years now. They use a 1:1 scale model of our entire Milky Way galaxy. Since the games release less than 1% has been explored. It's huge. Its first inception was also in 1985. Main game play is in what they call the "Human bubble" which is thousands and thousands of stars.

Now, will Dual Universe be on 1:1 scale? For me, realism and science is a huge part of a great game. It's being able to explore the Universe without leaving my couch and feeling like your really out there. Also, this will be my only chance in my lifetime. If there's no actual science and realism and real scale, I and I'm thinking a lot of others won't be intersted. Right now, there's not much to ED, but it has realism and scale and I think that's why thousands of ppl play it. We need that in DU.

I think I can safely answer this question. I know very little about this game, mind you. 

From what I can tell, no--DU will not be on a 1:1 scale. It's not based off of the Milky Way galaxy. Starting planet won't be as big as Earth. Distance between planets/moons will vary, etc. 

Will the scale be large? Yes. 1:1? No. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. 

planets are 100km diameter right know, they want to make them bigger in the future. It's fine as it is, actually i'd like them to be smaller for a simple reason=social interactions. If the world is too large, people wouldn't meet. Like NMS.

The Alioth we've been seeing in videos so far is approximately 128km in diameter (JC said the orbiting station is ~8km, from there I used a ruler to estimate) and JC's said he wants planets to be larger, but not too much larger. The surface area of the current Alioth (assuming it's a perfect sphere, which it isn't) is ~52,000 km2. Expanding this to 200km produces over 126,000 km2. With the territorial claims being only ~1 km2, they're already huge. This is especially true considering that people will be building cities here.

This is part of the reason why I have no concerns over Alioth being over-mined or anything; even the "small" size we have now is enormous.