Builder Tools - Ideas

Dead8Eye

hi! :)

ok now a complete another suggetion - builder tools.

very nice it will be, if it possible to get 3d ship models from other games into the game.

it will be one of the first questions because integrading of a tool, what can it make possible.

i dont rly know actually the game mechanics to 100% but will DU a game combine how Fractured Space, Empyrion,

SpaceEngineers and X

it will be a good opinion to integrade an option to import some 3d ship models or device of them. 

the next one is a ship designer ingame. not all guys be the best one on 3d modelling and i think this must be so easy

for this guys how it be possible. if the first step be not possible, try to bring a large set of custom devices into the game, where

the users can choose his own. this with the lengh, width and high of each device i see it as a small problem.

on evochron you´ve get the option to set the l,w and h manually, get a limitation on it and have not much things to choose. (screenshot from google) maxresdefault.jpg

this can be make better on DU if the device dimensions be set directly, where can be choosen from the players themself without

custom or manually dimension setting.

this needs a large device library but is friendlier for users to choose his own stuff and now we come the the next idea: the device creator.

how i write, many guys get no modelling experience but some guys will create his own design of things. a device creator will be the next option to make it possible but with - ability limitations.

integraded balancing is a interesting point of this tool. anyone knows the weapon laboratory of evochron mercenary or legacy?

you get options in a balancing aspect. if you look on this picture (is from me): 

20160605122617_1yayzi.jpg 20160605122622_1ggz3c.jpg

you see that is be not possible to create overpowered devices because if you take one ability up, another goes down.

for DU it will be an ultra nice hit, if it get a integraded opinion.

sry for the screenshots of another games. i know that normally i don´t have to upload screenshots but i think today it is ok because this suggetion topic. :) 

what did the community says about this ideas?

I think i follow the majority of what you are suggesting..

But I have a massive concern with importing constructs, everything built should be in the game world / virtual world in game. It would be nice to have, but i could see people pre-designing things in third-party programs to import and make a profit off.. Or stealing designs from other games/ people using a third party program and importing them and profiting from it.

I would much prefer everything to be build inside the gameworld. And ontop of importing constructs into the game you may need NQ people to make sure that they are not taken from anything to interfere with copyrights and such.

Importing has the potential to give a advantage to people who have programs to fully 3D create ships in purpose build programs and create profit from something through an advantage they have. Don't like it.

That being said, your idea of having settings on ships where you can adjust the settings to give you a feel of the ship i think isn't going to be possible. The ships are build from elements in the game and voxels, if you put three thrusters on a the front of your ship you have a ship that can only angle up, nothing more. Implementing the system you describe above i think would restrict the creation process of ships.

Unless you can implement this idea into generating elements or element research maybe?