Ship cannons/weapons

Quebra_bilhas

ok napalm bombs be a good opinion but the cost and the prize will be the other thing.

mines will be a good implementation thing. mines you can get for planetary bombardments and to destroy your ,,friend,, whos flying behind you ;) 

ok napalm bombs be a good opinion but the cost and the prize will be the other thing.

mines will be a good implementation thing. mines you can get for planetary bombardments and to destroy your ,,friend,, whos flying behind you ;)

You will come to find there are a lot of things I do that are wasteful in resources but fun. 

In Starmade I would regularly drop 500k mass drones (server limit) on enemy bases, some times 2 per base. And just see how long it takes the group to take it out or move, usually it was the later. They didnt do much, mostly fire missile volleys into the base, but it was harmless since they were protected. But it was fun seeing them complain. And if they ever managed to kill them they got free resources. 

You will come to find there are a lot of things I do that are wasteful in resources but fun. 

In Starmade I would regularly drop 500k mass drones (server limit) on enemy bases, some times 2 per base. And just see how long it takes the group to take it out or move, usually it was the later. They didnt do much, mostly fire missile volleys into the base, but it was harmless since they were protected. But it was fun seeing them complain. And if they ever managed to kill them they got free resources. 

This sounds like the doing of someone I want to be on the other side of the universe from.

If I see this happen to my base, I will find you... No matter where you hide, how far or fast you run.... I will be there waiting to exact my revenge!.... :)

Also, It's not a waste of resources if it either entertains your or does the job you designed it for :)

This sounds like the doing of someone I want to be on the other side of the universe from.

If I see this happen to my base, I will find you... No matter where you hide, how far or fast you run.... I will be there waiting to exact my revenge!.... :)

Also, It's not a waste of resources if it either entertains your or does the job you designed it for :)

Maybe I want you to find me, and fall in my trap. Muhahahahahahaha. 

Usually people see me as someone they hide from, or preferably someone they ally with. 

Maybe I want you to find me, and fall in my trap. Muhahahahahahaha. 

Usually people see me as someone they hide from, or preferably someone they ally with. 

You see, i'm the total opposite... People just don't usually see me at all.. ;)

I just kinda wonder about how these scripts are made. I've never been a part of designing, or coding that much, so is it going to be an in game thing you can do, or is it something that you do outside the game, and run as a third-party program?

I just kinda wonder about how these scripts are made. I've never been a part of designing, or coding that much, so is it going to be an in game thing you can do, or is it something that you do outside the game, and run as a third-party program?

I would imagine it will all be done in-game, anything outside the game could cause vulnerabilities or advantage to people with maybe better third parties or something. In-game and it can all be restricted so that everyone will be on even footing, given that you can code in Lua.

As for Lua, it's all just going to be ingame scripts, we don't know yet how or where it will be done or how accessable it will be to people. But it is all going to be good, we just need to know LUA ><....

Got to learn lua before the release of this game... Shouldn't be too hard given i'm going to Uni to do Computer Science in September :)

You see, i'm the total opposite... People just don't usually see me at all.. ;)

Then how do they know who fired the missiles?

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/09/18/lua-script-and-distributed-processing-units/

That is basically what we know on LUA. The DPUs give you a sense of why they are putting in LUA. You have module A that can gather this data and B can perform these actions. When data from A = xxx tell B to do Y.  With this you can build really complex systems.