Hello from an old 'Starflight' fan

Only tangentially related. ;)  However, my first space-related game was Starflight (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starflight), so you can guess I'm a bit older.  Loved the exploration, meeting new species, etc.  Definitely got me into the genre, followed by Descent, Wing Commander, and others.

Even if this game isn't going to be a 3D version of Starflight, it's overall concept is something I'm very interested in. I do hope it has character creation like Eve does, as due to the type of game this will be you'll actually have a point to it!  Eagerly following this game and will support it when we're able to.

Welcome to DU,

I can't say I've played StarFlight but i certainly remember Descent, and remembering being frustrated at it because it was too difficult for me (just a kid then) they were back in the days of Dos and the 3D-menu were they not?.

nora, 

I believe at first they intend for everyone to be in space suits. Post beta though, if we manage to keep the subscriptions coming in I'm sure they'll be more open to expanding the characters appearance options if it's highly requested