Eve-online player taking a butchers

Hello All,

Old Carl here from BSC Legion (corp) TNT (alliance)

I always had high hope the CCCP would have followed Traveller game play mechanics. But at last that dream failed. While I have enjoined my time in Eve. The fact I was stuck in a pod a single pilot in control of a ship seems to me a fail. In Traveller a ship is controlled by several crew members allowing each individual's skills to contribute to the whole. There are many single person shooter games out there but none that allow a group of people to fly a single ship. The universes cries out for this type of game mechanics backed up by space opera. 

So here's hope some one in development of Dual will listen and research what I'm pointing at.

welcome!

as novaquark mentioned, they pretty much aim for that. you will be able to play serve among the crew of a captain (who is a player)

there is 1 other game i played that makes this possible too but isn't as well developed as DU will be.

I too come from New Eden in the Corporation  xX-Crusaders-Xx [ODBO] in Tactical Narcotics Team [TNT] (A past member in BSC Legion,  but active in the gaming community)

All I have is one question to ask. Can I fly a Drake?

:D 

This game from the screenshots looks promising but is there any video footage and maybe a back story that will be continued like EVE Online has,  now I'm not much of a Story-line player but enjoy the vast back story.  I feel if this game has some form of back story to follow during development it could allow the dev's to get more time to polish the game as such while they are captivating the player base.  I seen the short thing about the ark ships but thats it.

I too come from New Eden in the Corporation  xX-Crusaders-Xx [ODBO] in Tactical Narcotics Team [TNT] (A past member in BSC Legion,  but active in the gaming community)

All I have is one question to ask. Can I fly a Drake?

:D 

This game from the screenshots looks promising but is there any video footage and maybe a back story that will be continued like EVE Online has,  now I'm not much of a Story-line player but enjoy the vast back story.  I feel if this game has some form of back story to follow during development it could allow the dev's to get more time to polish the game as such while they are captivating the player base.  I seen the short thing about the ark ships but thats it.

If you can build it, you can fly it. /shrug.

I have to say, as a fellow EVEer, CCP really screwed up on not having multi-crew and when they gave up on station interaction with other players and shafted PC players with DUST (though now is, was, available on PC), their legacy was sealed. Now they are desperately trying to keep players with shiny new stations, valkyrie and a fps shooter - all separated from the EVE universe. Sadly, CCP took the easy route and simply wanted to stick with their old engine whatever the cost but now the writing is on the wall as more and more are switching to procedural and one single universe with the ability to land on planets. And in DU's case not only land on planets but build on them! So very exciting stuff yet CCP......wait what were we talking about. Oh yeah > welcome.   :rolleyes:

Welcome to DU.. as others have mentioned about building, they are all correct.

The way the devs plan to take DU is sandbox emergent gameplay, meaning the players decide everything and construct everything.

You want to build a 'drake?' and fly it around, go ahead. You want to build a sofa and fly that around?.. sure go ahead of you can work out the physics at least.

Want to create a bank and set the politics on how and who can withdraw from it or set up a crèche for youngsters... do it.

DU is planned to be almost 100% player made creations, laws, ships, politics... any thing is yours.

But yeah, welcome to DU, I didn't play eve but I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Welcome Carl. I flew with TNT years ago, they were my first null sec home. Met a few guys there and formed our own Corp. Full Bore Still good friends to this day out of game.

As much as I loved Eve I am expecting DU to do what CCP failed to and give us a new generation of space games.

@TheDoctorUU: NO DRAKES!!!

I guess we will need a separate section of DU for old eve vets

Maybe we can recreate Jita when the game comes out so we can all go hang out together. Bring your best Eve ship creation to show off. 

Don't worry about me I'll just bring myself and my quick hands while your all greeting each other and leave a little wealthier ;)

Nah, the SysSec AI would prevent that kinda stuff, at least aboard the Providence. Nobody's getting close.

Fine, but only if I can bring my Avatar or Leviathan.

I once had a Thanatos in Fed space thanks to a CCP screwup. 

Ill probably build something like a Nyx one day in DU. 

Don't worry about me I'll just bring myself and my quick hands while your all greeting each other and leave a little wealthier ;)

Have fun with the defense turrets. Or maybe ill let you take it so I can track it to your base. 

Maybe we can recreate Jita when the game comes out so we can all go hang out together. Bring your best Eve ship creation to show off. 

Translation: Maybe we can recreate Jita when the game comes out so we can all go and gank everyone.   :D 

I once had a Thanatos in Fed space thanks to a CCP screwup. 

Ill probably build something like a Nyx one day in DU. 

Have fun with the defense turrets. Or maybe ill let you take it so I can track it to your base. 

No-one tracks me, and your defence turrets won't even see me. Infact you'll probably invite me to the gathering and not even realize... and by the time you do... it will be to late ;)...

• 2 weeks later...

I see many faces around from EvE. Have to tell, that I was part of that game quite a while. Long time helping n00bs in High Sec to get a headstart and not being always wardeced by folks hunting them because they were not able to defend, defended long time in several alliances Providence, were conquering parts of Insmother, claiming Wormholes and hunting in Incursions. 

Yeah, I think rebuilding a Drake ingame will be possible, but I would say, it is far less effective as it is in EvE. I liked that piece of junk in EvE. When others cryed about being killed by NPCs the Drake did her job. So why not giving that design a chance in DU.

Yeah, I think rebuilding a Drake ingame will be possible, but I would say, it is far less effective as it is in EvE. I liked that piece of junk in EvE. When others cryed about being killed by NPCs the Drake did her job. So why not giving that design a chance in DU.

Easy, because my Daedalus Class BC will destroy that drake.   I expect to build my thorax, and possibly a Megathron and Nyx later on.