Element Decay?

Ripper

Will there be some type of "cleaner script"?

Imagine Alioth after 6 months.  Even in the protected zone, there will be a lot of "crap" strewn all over the place.  Some of this stuff will be from young kids, and some could be from disgruntaled players.  I know that on a case by case basis, offensive material will be removed.  But imagine the newbie area.  Its resources will be depleted, and a TON of crap will be everywhere.  Some of it will be from users who are no longer playing the game.

What does NQ have planned for the above scenario?

I'd like to know this as well..

I did ask about how the resources would replenish, but never thought about new people building anything. You are quite right with the concern, and I've not read anything that gives a answer to your question other than, if it's outside the Arksite, you can just remove it unless it's inside a TU which new people won't have.

An idea I had about this was to make any land-based constructs (houses, buildings, etc. but not spaceships, weapons, etc.) temporary, except for maybe a few particular landmarks as exceptions. Say anything you built on Alioth's terrain was there for 48 hours, then it would poof disappear. This way, new players could get a feel for the game, learn the ropes, build and experiment, without ruining the starting planet for others.

An idea I had about this was to make any land-based constructs (houses, buildings, etc. but not spaceships, weapons, etc.) temporary, except for maybe a few particular landmarks as exceptions. Say anything you built on Alioth's terrain was there for 48 hours, then it would poof disappear. This way, new players could get a feel for the game, learn the ropes, build and experiment, without ruining the starting planet for others.

Hopefully you are talking about disappearing assets only for new players. I personally would rather they be permanent even for new players and if they do leave the game or don't log on to insure its long term survival, then perhaps players could recycle and/or sell the assets once classified as abandoned - or when shields protecting the facility fail from neglect. I think it would be pretty cool if we created a whole new class of players - we could even call them 'Ravagers'.   ;)

I thought raking the planet from time to time with artillery fire was a part of your janitorial duties...

Well, looks like I'm getting out of Alioth as soon as possible if that's the plan.

However, I don't think they should disappear in a (poof)... they could start to decay from the top down (if you don't log in or something)... but since they will all be open to players and possibly not under a TU, would we not just be able to morpher them down ?

I thought raking the planet from time to time with artillery fire was a part of your janitorial duties...

That's an extra feature, available for only $19.99 a month*

*Excluding costs associated with or affected by total destruction of planet Alioth, anger of the dev gods, flamethrower fuel costs, and fluctuating tax rates. Please note that flamethrowers require special fuel and will not accept jet fuel, as jet fuel does not melt steel beams. Common health effects of janitorial flame cleaning include but are not limited to: heart attacks, heart failure from body swelling, strokes, high blood pressure, kidney problems including kidney failure, bleeding, stomach and intestinal ulcers, low red blood cell concentration (also known as anemia), life-threatening skin reactions, life-threatening allergic reactions, liver problems including liver failure, asthma, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation, gas, heartburn, nausea, comiting, dizziness, itching, poppage of eyes, revocation of Alioth citizenship, revocation of Swiss citizenship, and slow, painful death by melting at over 780 Kelvin.

That's an extra feature, available for only $19.99 a month*

*Excluding costs associated with or affected by total destruction of planet Alioth, anger of the dev gods, flamethrower fuel costs, and fluctuating tax rates. Please note that flamethrowers require special fuel and will not accept jet fuel, as jet fuel does not melt steel beams. Common health effects of janitorial flame cleaning include but are not limited to: heart attacks, heart failure from body swelling, strokes, high blood pressure, kidney problems including kidney failure, bleeding, stomach and intestinal ulcers, low red blood cell concentration (also known as anemia), life-threatening skin reactions, life-threatening allergic reactions, liver problems including liver failure, asthma, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation, gas, heartburn, nausea, comiting, dizziness, itching, poppage of eyes, revocation of Alioth citizenship, revocation of Swiss citizenship, and slow, painful death by melting at over 780 Kelvin.

You flamethrower isn't very hot... only around 500'c.. that's like a ovens cleaning cycle..

But i think i might decline your services in the future, I like my swiss citizenship... ;)