Merchandise?

norab7

I've not seen anything about it but will there be merchandise, and if so what will there be?..

Every game I've played and has gripped me, I've bought T-Shirts and little trinkets from it ect..

Not really sure what else to write, it's kinda of a direct question... but kind of interested to know if there will be anything.

I wouldn't mind a physical or digital OST. Or even a boxed collectors edition with some of the spaceship designs and concept art books. Just me, I suppose. I'm already hooked on the damned music.

Hi nora,

I guess that you will probably get some during the Kickstarter campaign.

Nyzaltar, will maybe ask what kind of "rewards" we would like to see in the Kickstarter, like he did for the Alpha team. Don't forget to make suggestions there !

A virtual store after the game launch could be a good idea too. But I think it's a bit early to speak about it :).

Regards,

Shadow

Hi nora,

I guess that you will probably get some during the Kickstarter campaign.

Nyzaltar, will maybe ask what kind of "rewards" we would like to see in the Kickstarter, like he did for the Alpha team. Don't forget to make suggestions there !

A virtual store after the game launch could be a good idea too. But I think it's a bit early to speak about it :).

Regards,

Shadow

You got rewards for being in the alpha team ? :o.... Where can i sign up for this Alpha Team ???? 

Obviously joking as i know Nyz picked all you guys :).. But still, i like to have things from games so:

-Cups

-T-Shirts

-3D models

-Mouse Mat

-Mouse

-Things

-Shiny box

-Stickers ?

Things....I love things... 

You got rewards for being in the alpha team ? :o.... Where can i sign up for this Alpha Team ???? 

Obviously joking as i know Nyz picked all you guys :).. But still, i like to have things from games so:

We didn't get anything yet. There was just a thread about giving titles or specific in game items for people deeply involved.

If I remember correctly, the main idea pushing out was that people were not looking for specific reward... except an exceptional game :).

Regards,

Shadow

We didn't get anything yet. There was just a thread about giving titles or specific in game items for people deeply involved.

If I remember correctly, the main idea pushing out was that people were not looking for specific reward... except an exceptional game :).

Regards,

Shadow

If having merchandise affects the game, I'd rather not have it and have a better game, but I'd still like to have something, so I'd probably look for permission to use the DU logo's ect to make my own T-Shirt or something...  

What the hell guys, you didnt tell me there was cake in the back room? > : (

I would be open to buying something Novaquark, or DU if they open a shop.

I wonder how against monetizing fan made creations, or guild emblems and ect they are, not that I think they could stop it.

Also, just speaking in general here, once they do launch the kickstarter I hope they keep it real. I understand wanting to get the most dollars per person they can. However I think the tiers of rewards should be kept realistic.

Merchandise rewards, and maybe stuff like having a planet in game named something you want as long as its not theme breaking, ect. and not stuff like free territory units resurrection nodes, lots of end game resources, free capital ships, free space dock / station/ FREE OP for money trololo, a new car with a DU logo slapped on the side.

I think we need a Nora hat with a DU logo beneath it

I think we need a Nora hat with a DU logo beneath it

You're god damn right!!

<insert Walter White Meme here>

If someone can find me / make me something like that I would be a standard customer and purchase it off them at a reasonable price................... 

Hi everyone,

On this topic, we have already in mind a list of possible physical goodies that might be included in the kickstarter pledges:

- Poster

- Postcard

- Sticker

- Arkship Passenger ID Card

- T-shirt

- Keychain

- 3D Print

- Physical Artbook

- Original Soundtrack CD

- Dual Universe USB Key

Of course, we remain open to other ideas! :)

Important: materializing these ideas will depend on several factors.

We will need to find the appropriate partners to make these goodies

The cost will need to be decent as it would kill the purpose of asking help through crowdfunding if physical rewards take a part too big of the pledges.

The involved goodie needs to be popular enough among the community.

To have an online store where we would sell Dual Universe goodies is an interesting idea too.

However, we don't see this as something we would have right for the alpha. This costs a significant amount of money to put such thing in place. And we currently prefer to put that money in developing the game.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone,

On this topic, we have already in mind a list of possible physical goodies that might be included in the kickstarter pledges:

- Poster

- Postcard

- Sticker

- T-shirt

- Keychain

- 3D Print

- Physical Artbook

- Original Soundtrack CD

- Dual Universe USB Key

We will need to find the appropriate partners to make these goodies.

The cost will need to be decent as it would kill the purpose of asking help through crowdfunding if physical rewards take a part too big of the pledges.

To have an online store where we would sell Dual Universe goodies is an interesting idea too.

However, we don't see this as something we would have right for the alpha. This costs a significant amount of money to put such thing in place. And we currently prefer to put that money in developing the game.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I'll take one of each please... Maybe a second as a spare.

Only thing i would add to that list right now would be both a Mug for Tea.. (because tea is for mugs... ha).. and a Pint Glass/Cup.. all marked up nicely with DU.

Hi everyone,

- Poster

- Postcard

- Sticker

- T-shirt

- Keychain

- 3D Print

- Physical Artbook

- Original Soundtrack CD

- Dual Universe USB Key

We will need to find the appropriate partners to make these goodies

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Most excellent.

ohhh arkship passenger ID card sounds really nice.

but what is 3d print refering to?

I'm assuming it's going to be a 3D printed spaceship or something like that, I did propose in the other thread that a 3D printed construct could be a reward for creating things while testing. I hope it is something similar to that. :)

I'm assuming it's going to be a 3D printed spaceship or something like that, I did propose in the other thread that a 3D printed construct could be a reward for creating things while testing. I hope it is something similar to that. :)

For the kickstarter, it will probably be some predefined 3D Prints. Some examples: the arkship, a colonist using his nanoformer, etc.

On the long term, after official launch, what we would like to do is exactly what you suggested Nora: being able to make 3D print version of player-made constructs in game :)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I'm all in for Converse Hightops with jump jets on the bottom.

CONVERSSSE! I wouldn't mind galaxy patterned high tops or the Alioth landscape with an Arkship silhouette....

CONVERSSSE! I wouldn't mind galaxy patterned high tops or the Alioth landscape with an Arkship silhouette....

^ THAT...

Not the shoes, couldn't care less about the shoes... but ALIOTH WITH ARKSHIP!.. 

Alioth with an arkship would be great, like a standard globe but with the terrain in the shape of Alioth and a arkship sticking out. I would have this on my desk while playing.

Could potentially work as a map too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why not subcontract it or find a partnership? Find someone able to do it, where you also benefit from that. I, for example, know a company here in Germany that prints some sick cards (their name is not as sick though). And I'm able to set up a webshop and always looked for some kind of opportunity to do something like that *hint hint*

I was just made aware of this thread.

To add to the list of potential merchandise, I'd like to see a model of a Nanoformer either as part of a high tier kickstarter reward or as something you could buy in a merchandise shop.

It wouldn't have to be electronic or come with cool flashing lights or anything, just something simple from the game brought into the real world. 

I was just made aware of this thread.

To add to the list of potential merchandise, I'd like to see a model of a Nanoformer either as part of a high tier kickstarter reward or as something you could buy in a merchandise shop.

It wouldn't have to be electronic or come with cool flashing lights or anything, just something simple from the game brought into the real world.

I was literally about to say I wanted a nano-former for my desk.

Yes. Yes! I'd take 2-3 posters. 2 shirts that are different.

And lots of other things.

Bank account permitting.

So, just a real quick thing here. I want Dual Universe

Yeah that's right. Just send me a 3D print of the whole universe. I'll be construction the mansion for it in the mean time.

In all reality though, while I would enjoy the nano-former, I would also enjoy the Resurection Node, Scripter(whatever device is used to script stuff) and maybe a small planet, such as the Starting one.

Just to put it in list form:

-Nano-Former

-Resurection Node

-Scripter(device that scripts Luna)

-Planet(of course you could do a random one)

What'd be REALLY cool, would be a chrome Arkship made into a pen and pen holder...  :o

Mind = Blown...

You sure are a genius. Wow.

Actually, give me a cup, GIve me the mug of Dual Universe. Give me a mug that is only given to me and others that defies amazing and becomes another dimension of wow.