Building under water.

SzaryWilk

Maybe we can have planets in DU where 90% will be water, huge oceans. Would be nice if we could build underwater structure.....buildings, bases.

We would need special modules to live under water and special materials for the construction of structures.

To be honest, I haven't read anything about water yet, only land and materials. I do hope they have water, space engineers is a little immersion breaking when you have solid water, but then again adding water means you need buoyancy, airtight ships, oxygen sources, ect.. 

I hope it does have water and i hope it is done right... :)

This is the only thing I've ever read about seas.  From the multiplayer ship crew blog:

Concerning the different types of vehicles:
We currently plan spaceships and Hovering technologies for Land vehicles, and Reactor technologies for Air vehicles. We are also thinking about sea and submarine vehicles, but this won’t be available at the beginning. It will probably be an addition in the coming crowdfunding campaign   ;)

This is the only thing I've ever read about seas.  From the multiplayer ship crew blog:

Ahh you tease me kind sir... that's just enough information to get me excited but not enough to satiate my hunger for answers!.. damn you sir... damn you.

..... or madam....

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I haven't read anything about water yet, only land and materials. I do hope they have water, space engineers is a little immersion breaking when you have solid water, but then again adding water means you need buoyancy, airtight ships, oxygen sources, ect.. 

I hope it does have water and i hope it is done right... :)

we will already have airtight ships.....for space!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Later on in a certain blocky sandbox game, we exclusively built underwater organization bases. Mostly research labs. Too bad crappy imageshack swallowed all pictures or else I would've shown a design draft.

It's fun. And with actual, more in-depth water physics, it'll be even more fun.

@Warden

In Landmark I had built an underground PvP arena and it was a friggin' awesome undertaking in itself. Too bad that game became so rubbish after their corporate overlords tried to milk the Early Access backers. Kudos to whoever will have the balls to build underwater (probably having a cold fusion battery industry as well. Space Gas Station anyone? :P

• 3 weeks later...

Space Gas Station anyone? :P

You really like your space gas station don't you?

That aside an aquatic planet would be awesome to find. One that i'd definitly try to get HMMR to settle on so we can build our AI soldiers workers in secret peace.

If this is possible that would be awesome as a part of the game. We would likely see at least one Atlantis that someone builds along with tons of other underwater constructs. I myself would be making a base as deep as possible in the oceans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Already imagining a private estate with a large glass wall allowing you to view the depths of an ocean. Sea creatures? Some form of animal is planned for land, will we get fish of some sort? Birds even? I'm really big on the animal thing, since my dreams of an NPC army can't be realized. Maybe I can be the overlord of all rat-kind?

• 2 weeks later...

If they do make it possible to build underwater, it would be nice if they also make it possible to design a ship that is capable of flight and​ submersion.

The ultimate amphibious vehicle: sea, land, air, space - Great for transporters, messengers, smugglers and explorers!