Aliens?

jrhod99

I hope it will be like no man's sky where there are entire ecosystems with different plants and animals or even intelligent npc, I don't want it to be just players. :(

"The developers said there will be aliens--well, animals-- and they'll most likely be superficial active or  active (I borrowed a leaf from your book Kiklix). They just don't know if it will be ready in time for the Alpha."

"The developers said there will be aliens--well, animals-- and they'll most likely be superficial active or  active (I borrowed a leaf from your book Kiklix). They just don't know if it will be ready in tie for the Alpha."

Remember ladies and gents, when out exploring in your brand new ship, don't fornicate with the alien wild life. We weren't all born to be Captain Kirks after all.

Remember ladies and gents, when out exploring in your brand new ship, don't fornicate with the alien wild life. We weren't all born to be Captain Kirks after all.

"I seriously doubt that will be a possibiltiy: for the sake of all that is good. Some parents might pick up an issue with the developers. But, since you brought it up...

Captain Kirk is a legend, nay, a God. He is omnisexual.

"...there's always someone to continue the pick up line. I love Dual Universe forums!"

"

• 4 weeks later...

No NPC's and no quests ostensibly so initially no unambiguous aliens. That's JC's design idea. Like Planetside 2 with voxels and more factions. PS 2 has lots of alien backstory, odds and ends; archaeology digs, giant alien beast bones. 

But its all man on man in the game. 

I have a couple of posts on in the library of mankind that include the idea of other earth escapees but they are now quite alien to us and are played by other players. 
NPC's and quests are hard work for a developer. Millions of man hours. Building a system where even the quest like  game play comes from the players is the great challenge. Markus Notch Persson cracked it to some extent twice Wurm online with Rolf and minecraft (the written books).

Second Life had hundreds of player made quest systems and challenge maps.

We have a trade system with contracts and it's all about organisations making these contracts.  

Protect ship at location X, Y, Z :

That could just as much be:

• Transport livestock Cryogenic container type 6 aquatic and feed to X,Y, Z and deploy. Return with what you find. (A mundane ecological quest. )
  • or Investigate a ruin at X, Y, Z bring back what you find. (Player placed ruin and item. )
  • or The hive mind demands that you find the following player and infect them with the alien parasite. (The target gets an org invite if successfully tagged. Yep we will need a secret org category.) 

We will find a way to either 'be alien to you' or 'alienate you'. lol.   

Way too many idea's running around in my head right now. 

I asked in another thread if our Solar system survived the Nova. The general theory on that is that it didn't but the conspiracies are simmering away, there is a possibility planets survived but were swept off their orbits and scattered.

Presumably if we had the technology to make the Arkships we would have had some experience at colonising planets alot closer to earth in order to experiment and develop the life-support/ propulsion tech the Arks would be using.

So you potentially have a colony of humans either adrift on a displaced planet or stranded on an Alien world as their homeworld is gone. 

After 10 thousand years, if this colony manages to survive it would have evolved and to us would probably appear to be Alien.  So I guess even if there aren't going to be any 'aliens' of a different species there could at least be a different type of humanoid.

Ofc watch Einstein get involved now and mess up the whole time/space part of this theory <_<

I asked in another thread if our Solar system survived the Nova. The general theory on that is that it didn't but the conspiracies are simmering away, there is a possibility planets survived but were swept off their orbits and scattered.

Presumably if we had the technology to make the Arkships we would have had some experience at colonising planets alot closer to earth in order to experiment and develop the life-support/ propulsion tech the Arks would be using.

So you potentially have a colony of humans either adrift on a displaced planet or stranded on an Alien world as their homeworld is gone. 

After 10 thousand years, if this colony manages to survive it would have evolved and to us would probably appear to be Alien.  So I guess even if there aren't going to be any 'aliens' of a different species there could at least be a different type of humanoid.

Ofc watch Einstein get involved now and mess up the whole time/space part of this theory <_<

Yep that was my post. There could be more humans out there than the ark ship and more spreading out from other ark ships that have had time to become the aliens. 

I've already wrote one or two topics about Alien NPC, i know in early stages they probably not exists, but since this game is not only a sand box but an MMO to

would be nice to have, later on game, some sort of Alien presence that could be randomly discovered like:

Ruins: with unknown material that player must study to learn its properties and uses and lore
like, with some advanced tier scan a player can find a Alien buried ruin or ship wrecked, where he could scrap and unknown metal, after some time (real time) and study he could get the right skill point to work with that metal and replicate it from known mats, after that will be an other learn process of experimentation to know if that metal is strong for engines, weapons, shilled or to mix and refine other tech man know. That would be interesting as MMO because only that character (and other few player chars that found and pass to the hole process) would be able to deal with that metal and they would become more individual and exclusive and their crafts more valuable (maybe) for the market.

Ships: Not passive as ruins but working quiet as similar, very rare alien aggressive drone ships could be found on space, those will attack the player on sight, after a successfully fight and winning the parts could be achieve and maybe some new working technology found, but since is alien it can be used, recharged but not replicated so easily, maybe one guy like before example that know some about work with right alien mat could do the job.

PVE: Once more, since its a MMO (sandbox) game it could have at some point some sort of PVE, (not telling that must be included at betas or launch)
a lot of players like pve over pvp. PVE stimulate union and alliance, and friendship (while only pvp stimulate a lot of aggression between players )
Many times in other games i have saw some peace agreement between enemies to take care of some real hard PVE challenge. 
Those are very fun events with great coordination needs from leaders and tolerance from players that use to fight themselves on sight.
(like Guardian of Galaxy movie where Nova troop and Pirates team up to stop the eminent destruction of the planet)
as lore, lets suppose as examples before, after 100 random rare alien drone have been found and destroyed. a Huge alien mother ship random  spawns from the warp and start to move against a colonized planet, this is a thread to all brand new human colony and also for the survival of the specie.
That would make all companies and other player that live on and from that sector (even as robber or pirate) to forget their differences for a while and team up to destroy that common enemy protect their way of life.
(and maybe if the alien ship wins the fight it lands and populate the planet with aggressive insectoids or other alien life, after that the ship goes away despairing on the warp living no trace. the planet must be cleaned and re taken after things become normal again.)
This type of game interactions are fun, strategy hard, and give player chances to make friends and know better each other.

i think there is a lot of possibilities where Aliens can be included in the game without breaking the lore.

I've already wrote one or two topics about Alien NPC, i know in early stages they probably not exists, but since this game is not only a sand box but an MMO to

would be nice to have, later on game, some sort of Alien presence that could be randomly discovered like:

Ruins: with unknown material that player must study to learn its properties and uses and lore

like, with some advanced tier scan a player can find a Alien buried ruin or ship wrecked, where he could scrap and unknown metal, after some time (real time) and study he could get the right skill point to work with that metal and replicate it from known mats, after that will be an other learn process of experimentation to know if that metal is strong for engines, weapons, shilled or to mix and refine other tech man know. That would be interesting as MMO because only that character (and other few player chars that found and pass to the hole process) would be able to deal with that metal and they would become more individual and exclusive and their crafts more valuable (maybe) for the market.

Ships: Not passive as ruins but working quiet as similar, very rare alien aggressive drone ships could be found on space, those will attack the player on sight, after a successfully fight and winning the parts could be achieve and maybe some new working technology found, but since is alien it can be used, recharged but not replicated so easily, maybe one guy like before example that know some about work with right alien mat could do the job.

PVE: Once more, since its a MMO (sandbox) game it could have at some point some sort of PVE, (not telling that must be included at betas or launch)

a lot of players like pve over pvp. PVE stimulate union and alliance, and friendship (while only pvp stimulate a lot of aggression between players )

Many times in other games i have saw some peace agreement between enemies to take care of some real hard PVE challenge. 

Those are very fun events with great coordination needs from leaders and tolerance from players that use to fight themselves on sight.

(like Guardian of Galaxy movie where Nova troop and Pirates team up to stop the eminent destruction of the planet)

as lore, lets suppose as examples before, after 100 random rare alien drone have been found and destroyed. a Huge alien mother ship random  spawns from the warp and start to move against a colonized planet, this is a thread to all brand new human colony and also for the survival of the specie.

That would make all companies and other player that live on and from that sector (even as robber or pirate) to forget their differences for a while and team up to destroy that common enemy protect their way of life.

(and maybe if the alien ship wins the fight it lands and populate the planet with aggressive insectoids or other alien life, after that the ship goes away despairing on the warp living no trace. the planet must be cleaned and re taken after things become normal again.)

This type of game interactions are fun, strategy hard, and give player chances to make friends and know better each other.

i think there is a lot of possibilities where Aliens can be included in the game without breaking the lore.

I think the key point is that with the right tools and player organisation the players could do all that and more in game. If you have hidden org functionality then your able to zip off to planet garrzoop, switch suits and be the alien. I think that is JC's aim. PvP but not just a brawl,  the players driving key parts of the story and content. I can see several aliens that could be done that way.