Premade Game Elements

Ripper

Hey Everyone,

Here's a list of Premade Game Elements that can be used to build with.   Tell me what you'd like to see and I'll add it to the list.  Then I'll update the list with confirmation from Novaquark.

Core Unit   - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Cockpits (Single Seat)  - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Engines   - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Boosters  - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Dashboard Control Unit  (multiplayer ship)  - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

"Propulsors" (Same as Boosters?)   - CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Distributed Processing Unit (Scripting)  CONFIRMED - Nyzaltar

Mechanical Joints

Generic Dashboard Controls for PDU

Generic Display Unit for PDU

Shield Generator

Reactor

Sensor Arrays

Radiator

Fuel Tanks

FTL Drives

Rotators

Pistons

Wheels

Tethers

Struts (Like metal pole, think Kerbal Struts)

Detach points,  so you can make a satellite on the planet surface, fly it into space and detach it from your main vessel to orbit the planet.

A Button

Here's my wishlist:

Generic Dashboard Controls for PDU

Generic Display Unit for PDU

Shield Generator

Reactor

Sensor Arrays

Radiator

Fuel Tanks

FTL Drives

You should put links or descriptions to them too, or at least the ones that are not obvious... Looking at you 'Core Unit'... I understand what they are as i've read the forums and alot of the DevBlogs, but newer other people might not...

My list would comprise almost all of Mechanical and Hydraulic things because i'd be interested in being able to create moveable voxel constructs, for doors and bridges or transformers ect.

So:

-Rotators

-Pistons

-Wheels

-Tethers

-Struts (Like metal pole, think Kerbal Struts)

-Detach points,  so you can make a satellite on the planet surface, fly it into space and detach it from your main vessel to orbit the planet.

-A Button

I have a few more but i'll not steal all the ones people might ask for or want.

They also mentioned Stargates or Jump Gates recently.  I'm assuming that it's for private use or you could charge players to use it, mmmmmmmm.

You are not wrong about this, but not exactly right either. Stargates are going to be the ultimate constructions which will allow for even the biggest ships to move through. So "private use" and "charging money" drastically changes. Pretty much only alliances will be able to afford to build and maintain stargates.

You are not wrong about this, but not exactly right either. Stargates are going to be the ultimate constructions which will allow for even the biggest ships to move through. So "private use" and "charging money" drastically changes. Pretty much only alliances will be able to afford to build and maintain stargates.

I like to think that people will group together and set aside their differences to make it a joint effort to get a working stargate up and running, You could have a public space port on either end of the stargate too, chance to have the markets linked together :D

You should put links or descriptions to them too, or at least the ones that are not obvious... Looking at you 'Core Unit'... I understand what they are as i've read the forums and alot of the DevBlogs, but newer other people might not...

My list would comprise almost all of Mechanical and Hydraulic things because i'd be interested in being able to create moveable voxel constructs, for doors and bridges or transformers ect.

So:

-Rotators

-Pistons

-Wheels

-Tethers

-Struts (Like metal pole, think Kerbal Struts)

-Detach points,  so you can make a satellite on the planet surface, fly it into space and detach it from your main vessel to orbit the planet.

-A Button

I have a few more but i'll not steal all the ones people might ask for or want.

This had been one thing on my list to discuss. I really hope they have the ability to work in a Newtonian system for mechanical construct. 

Making hanger doors, expendable landing gear, traps for squashing people. All the usual things people want to create. 

So having components to handle these will be crucial. 

CCTV cameras and view screens!  They can be used for all kinds of things like having different views from inside a multiplayer ship (including Star Trek style massive front view screen), or for surveillance of your territory and surrounding areas.  Don't know how feasible it is, but thought I'd throw it out there.

CCTV cameras and view screens!  They can be used for all kinds of things like having different views from inside a multiplayer ship (including Star Trek style massive front view screen), or for surveillance of your territory and surrounding areas.  Don't know how feasible it is, but thought I'd throw it out there.

That got me thinking of Garys mod with hidden cameras and screens while dug in your hideout killing everyone. 

It should be feasible and I think it should be done that way we can do alternate views from around the ship. 

CCTV cameras and view screens! They can be used for all kinds of things like having different views from inside a multiplayer ship (including Star Trek style massive front view screen), or for surveillance of your territory and surrounding areas. Don't know how feasible it is, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Hasn't this been more or less confirmed by Nyz as a replacement to the standard third person view?..

I know Nyz has confirmed cameras on ships for different view points, but if them camera work elsewhere I dunno, (although everything is a construct so I don't see why not)

I would expect cameras to be part of the sensor unit group. As for displays, I wonder if that could be implemented in the contol units group. The control units are supposedly completely customizable

• 2 weeks later...

These came up in another post.

Radar Unit - detect presence of nearby players (mentioned in the LUA scripting blog, therefore confirmed?)

Broadcast Unit - send pre-written or pre-recorded messages to nearby players

Policy Unit - automatically assign tags to nearby players

Radar Unit - detect presence of nearby players (mentioned in the LUA scripting blog, therefore confirmed?)

Also, Control Unit is confirmed.  It's functions are customisable but it isn't a blank slate, it's essentially a unit controls how multiple units in a single construct work together.  So I think  "Image Monitoring Unit" for view screens and "Imaging Unit" for cameras are unique suggestions too.  Or if you can come up with better names, feel free :)

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/406-devblog-the-first-images-of-dual-universe/page-3

Hi Nora and Thasrion,

Yes, you will be able to go anywhere. That's pretty much the technology developed at Novaquark: the CSSC (Continuous Single-Shard Cluster). More information here!

Going from one solar system to another for the first time will take time and fuel (we don't know yet what will be the time range yet from one system to another). Building Stargates won't be mandatory to go to another solar system, but it will be way faster, nearly instantaneous, to keep real incentives for stargates. This will also make two kinds of space travel gameplay: it will be quick to go from one colonized solar system to another where stargates exist. it will be much slower to explore uncolonized solar systems, where everything remains to be done ;)

Best regards, 

Nyzaltar.

Heyho,

First thanks for that list. I find this so we can say there will be also some type of fuel tanks :D

And Stargates are confirmed and 2 kinds of space Travel.

My wish list:

Rails (Otherwise known as the piston without limits)

Handles (Something that allows you to grab onto a struct and move it around or be moved by it)

Tethers (When the thing your grabbing onto is trying to fly away)

Sensors (Environmental variables accessible in LUA)

Rotors (Spinning wheels of doom are fun for everyone)

Welders (Or some way to automate the construction of blueprints)

Space whales (Or some way to poke fun at Hello Games)

Does this mean that we shouldn't be able to design our own cockpits or engines? :P I would find it so cool if I could design the complete look of my Cockpit and its interour design :P

Wonder if we can have AI in our ships :P Would be really cool to have someone talking to you when you fly your ship.

I think that only depends on the size and the elements of/in your ship. AI is able to run certain things, but I doubt we will get any voiceovers...

• 1 month later...

I think that only depends on the size and the elements of/in your ship. AI is able to run certain things, but I doubt we will get any voiceovers...

"Scripts, DPUs and necessity will dictate. Nothing stops you from looping a little audio that keeps repeating the same thing at the start/running/ending of an event. The developers did say that fan made music is not on their road-map to Alpha, but then again Nyzaltar did hint that it might be possible to do that. What the developers migh just do is provide generic audio clips that say the simples of things. You're free to speculate what those might be. "