Premade Game Elements

Ripper

What I want want to to know is whether, with enough elements, and enough power, could we attach elements to planets and move them around, attack with them, or even put them through a stargate or use FTL on them?

Nope. Planets are static. Can't be moved. BUT, you COULD build a planetsided construct and attempt to move it :P

I wonder if i will ever get over my SE based fear of rotors and pistons :P I'm sure they wont be made of explodium in this game. 

I would really like to see tethers(i know its on the list)  and something that can be used to lock onto another object (willing or not) for like a salvage or tow line 

• 3 weeks later...

Personal Transporters. I would love to have home bases on different planets and be able to pop from one to another. But, that would undermine the need for ships. Probably not going to happen.

Personal Cloaking Device? (PCD)

Structure Cloaking Device? (SCD) Imagine being able to build a structure, your home, office, whatever . . . and be able to cloak it and manage visibility access, like a secret imperial base or something.

Beam me up Scotty.

• 3 weeks later...

Any quircky item that maybe has a brief animation or sound or just looks weird that can be used to characterise your creations, not just ships, housing too.

Think interior and exterior design, large and small scale, I don't know how far they will take this sort of thing but thew more the merrier imo to be able to build some really amazing things, some people have fantastic imaginations.

Obvious ones are things like TV and PC screens, furniture and lighting. Other ones maybe Robotic arms to do some function, motorised doors, windows, of all types.

Motorised hangar doors?

For the ship, I think just go nuts, from engines to cup holders just mix it up as much as possible.

Tracks with skid steering on land vehicles ..  I hope not everything is gonna happen in space  :)    Give a Grunt a chance :)

EDIT: not sure how difficult this would be to program, guess we may need to settle for multiple wheels an each side and Lua the skid steering part.

Definitely think they should include wheels, having ground vehicles is going to be a must considering how much of the early game is planet based.

"

Good day to you, VioletBannana. For the sake of graphics, game play consistency and server load, the developers have cancelled out the possibility of wheels. Instead, they have hover engines and fan blades. The game is set more than five hundred years into the future and if we include the time it took them to travel, the figures go northward of entire millennia (they were in cryo-sleep, as such I doubt the relevance of this time period). I don't think wheels will be mainstream three hundred years from now, how much more two centuries further? 

Wheels won't be inside the Alpha or Beta, except Novaquark has a change of heart concerning this matter. Perhaps in the future they will make an appearance, although I very much doubt the possibility of this occurring. 

"