47th Legion [MilSim, PvP, PvE] [RECRUITING OPEN]

You mention Rhyldan...

I assume you guys were once active over there as were we (Vulture Corporation).

They did not throw the game away!  The company behind HeroEngine broke their agreement with the Repop devs forcing the devs to drop the HeroEngine entirely.

They are currently rebuilding the game in Unreal Engine 4.  First alpha build is due out Q4 this year.  The little survival sandbox they have out, Fragmented, is a tech demo from which the MMO will eventually branch off of.

They did not throw the game away!  The company behind HeroEngine broke their agreement with the Repop devs forcing the devs to drop the HeroEngine entirely.

They are currently rebuilding the game in Unreal Engine 4.  First alpha build is due out Q4 this year.  The little survival sandbox they have out, Fragmented, is a tech demo from which the MMO will eventually branch off of.

Yup I do know this and have Fragmented sitting in my Steam library...

But still, compared to DU? Repop might seem a little... basic and perhaps a touch outdated.

Yup I do know this and have Fragmented sitting in my Steam library...

But still, compared to DU? Repop might seem a little... basic and perhaps a touch outdated.

Yeah, it's more of that classic old-school snadbox type game than the type of sandbox DU will provide.  The devs are great, though.  I wish'em all the best.

It's a 200+ player server that regularly sees over 100 online simultaneously.

We've had some MASSIVE battles over the past few days.  As Imperials, we setup an unarmed embassy on Courscant.  The major Imperial guild, which includes the player who acts as the emperor, apparently took offense to that and decided to go after us.  We've had two large battles with them so far, them on the offensive and us on the defensive, and in the first battle they suffered huge ship losses but just kept coming.  We ended up evacuating the planet and the Republic faction took us in for the moment.  Apparently this Imperial faction regularly turns on fellow Imperials.

The next day they came to Republic space and tried to hit us again.  We lost a few ships but our defenses held and we inflicted huge losses on them again.  We just finished building AA batteries back up, bigger and better than before, and are currently working on getting our fleet back up as we lost all ships aside from our smaller day-to-day shuttles.

Even though we've been on the receiving end and have suffered a faction alliance betrayal it's been A LOT of fun and we've put together a coalition of Republic factions to strike back.  Things should get very interesting soon :)

M8 i just got Empyrion and im having a blast

I really missed stuff in Empyrion, it seems...

I should take a look at that game again it seems. Been ages since I played it and I only messed around in singleplayer a bit. But from the reports here I suppose you definitely recommend it.

Hey Dragoon, have you joined TheEmpyrion.Life server yet? It's currently the most populated.

We're building up forces at the moment and about to finish construction on our first capital ship on this server.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, finally getting around to this.

So in EGS we're pretty PvP oriented and most of our vehicles are constructed with that in mind.

Our first main battle tank, the Scorpio:

gallery_45925_187_162504.jpg

This has been an excellent ground attack vehicle for us.  Extremely thick frontal armor, biggest, baddest gun a hover vessel can mount, and still small enough to be relatively nimble.

Next up we have our current strike fighter, a PvP retrofit of an existing design called the F-77P Fusilier.
gallery_45925_190_520073.jpg

gallery_45925_190_639486.jpg

gallery_45925_190_543604.jpg

We also have a longer range interceptor which is excellent for engaging capital ships, the Gladius:

gallery_45925_188_260957.jpg

And just because I really wanted I created an enormous Roman temple complex:

gallery_45925_189_212428.jpg

And of course no fleet would be complete without it's flagship, the I.S.S. Draconis (battle cruiser class):

gallery_45925_184_340155.jpg

Hey Dragoon, have you joined TheEmpyrion.Life server yet? It's currently the most populated.

We're building up forces at the moment and about to finish construction on our first capital ship on this server.

Sorry i am on vacation, i will join as soon as i get back

Sorry i am on vacation, i will join as soon as i get back

Ah, no worries.  We've actually moved to the Vexray Galactic server.  Vexray is the guy who has all of the Lorien Federation and Scarab Legion blueprints in the workshop.  He has a totally customized server with all unique planets and they're very well done.  Custom POIs as well.  He's probably the most talented planet creator at the moment.

Aside from that, we starting a new initiative in the 47th Legion:  qualification badges and tabs!

We have a start here:

post-47355-0-84000000-1469671920_thumb.p

We currently looking at some RL examples for other badges and tabs.  Right now the list is going something like expert infantry, expert field medical, aviator, explosive ordinance, space ops, driver, maybe sapper (will have to see how that can be made different from explosive ordinance), marksmanship, and instructor.  Each badge will have to be individually earned and will then be able to be displayed on the Legionary's profile page.

You can check out what display cases look like by going to my profile, found here, and then clicking on the "awards" tab on bottom of the nav menu on the left side of the page.

Here's our current list of awards.  Right now it's just ribbons and time-in-service stripes but we'll soon be adding the tabs and badges to that section as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dragoon, sorry to get back to so you late but unfortunately you are a good deal of years under our age requirement.  We're an adults-only guild and you chat in-game, VOIP, and the forums reflects that.  Sorry :(

------------------------------

In better news, the 47th would like to welcome Rala and Toomey to the Legion!

• 1 month later...

Oof, been awhile since I posted!  Had a busy September :P

The 47th Legion is currently conducting operations in Osiris: New Dawn and Project Genom.  If any titles are of any interest we'd love to have you onboard prior to the release of DU!