O hi

I hail from Star Wars Galaxies and haven't really hailed from anywhere since. I came here because it sounds like EVE and I hope they have some SWG mixed in to give it a real world feel, the kind we can live in, the kind MMORPGs used to aspire to.

The essence of games such as SWG is truly missed in this half baked world of games we live in now, where game design teams either talk about how to reinvent the console fps and make corner camping more engaging, or how to make their blatant generic mmo clone look unique, but play exactly the same as everything else.

Games like minecraft, which were just a one off project not intended for massive scale or large multiplayer communities, usually fall short or become overly tedious.

The clones of minecraft are always well intentioned but lack any significant mod community so its just the same as playing vanilla-mc only hopefully smoother.

Eve was always I game I fancied but could never engage in for more than a few months, maybe I just didn't meet the right people in game, maybe its because I wanted my real life friends to join me too badly. Eve is just a hard unforgiving game that doesn't apologize for major mechanics being boring, who really wants to jump 45 warpgates to get anywhere, who wants to sit and guard or camp a warpgate for hours hoping somebody comes along.

I think that we probably have very similar ideal's on what kind of feedback would be given to make a game. I've always been upset with companies when I see them say they made a change based on feedback from any group of the community, and its a blatantly terrible idea, but apparently it was just a privy few incompetent unlearned people in the right place at the right moment whispering into their ear.

You know Ive been mad at myself ever since I took a break from SWG, came back finished the quests and had talked with the old man on tatooine, did some other nonsense I cant remember, and was I believe one week away from unlocking jedi when they switched to the 8 homogenized weak mode classes. I really care not if they were more balanced or not.

TKM/Doc, though had some good fun even if i wasnt the best.

I'm sure we could talk for hours on what made SWG good, but perhaps you can just tell me what things you did for fun. 

Tell me, your hopes and dreams for DU if you will.

See this is the thing, I never played SWG and i think i missed out, I saw it but never reached for it.

Did i do something terrible by not joining the masses who played it?

Oh yes, sorry, i was distract by saffi posting... Welcome to DU :)

You didn't miss anything, for to have experienced swg would have meant you weren't playing other things likely. I just wanted to connect with tierless let them know I feel the pain of the gaming world and soe turning it's back on swg so long ago.