Redstone Masons Reporting in

Hello all,

I am Devis Devine, part of the Redstone Masons. I figure I would drop in and say hi as I am new here and just found out about Dual Universe yesterday. I am one of a hand full of friends that found each other and stay together through gaming of all sorts. From FPS, MCMMO, RTS, and Voxel games. 

I have to say i am amazed at what I see and the promises it holds. (except for the Daedalus class BC since I wont be the first to make one) I have spent nearly 7 years in EVE and for the last 5 played games like Minecraft, Starmade, and Space Engineers heavily. They all had things I liked about them, but all fell short of what I wanted. I have seen several Early Access games come out that promised something along the lines of Dual Universe but they fell short of what could be accomplished as well as fell short in meeting their goals. 

I love the idea of an endless open world sandbox with unlimited potential to do as you please with it. Mine, modify, destroy terrain, as well as create buildings, ships, and more without restrictions to features and size. Amongst my group we have a phrases 'Devis Sized' because everything I do in voxel games aims high and large scale, beyond what most consider big. I have spend countless hours in MC building massive structures, but they were just structures, static. With FTB I have build in survival mode massive infrastructure to mine and produce on insane scales, scales that would put the youtubers to shame. Built massive mining ships in Space Enginers and Starmade to havest vast amounts of resources, to have anything I needed at my disposal for my builds, but the structures I built were limited and usually lagged or crashed servers. In Eve II would spend my days harvesting resources and ratting to produce most of my ships and items myself, then sit through hours of waiting and gate camping for the adrenalin rush of finally finding a red, risking it all. 

My hopes for Dual Universe are really my desires of a game I have wanted since before I heard of it. I want a massive open world sandbox, endless planets and space to roam and explore. The ability to modify every detail of the terrain, and strip out the resources I need. Set up mining and manufacturing to have what I need to begin building any ship I can imagine on a massive scale. Imagine the real world universe, but what people predict it will be in 500 years, the technology to do anything you can think of. 

I do hope that with the mention of programing and LUA code that we can automate some functions instead of having 100 people man a massive cap ship. We operate with few in numbers, but on the scale of a large group so this would be critical to allowing us to continue operating as the small but skilled group we are. 

As I have time to browse the forums and see what has been discussed I expect to be posting my own. I have a lot of thoughts and ideas that I would love to see in the game, as well as see what others think of them. 

But for now hello and thank you Novaquark for working to bring this to a reality.