Odd forum username restriction

Aelorean

I typically use the mmo character name that I have utilized for years now, "Cerec", when creating a forum username.   However, this particular forum software has a restriction that the username must be at least 6 characters.   Could we get that adjusted?   (Or, at least allow for hyphens to be used in the username?)

I would also like to ensure that you've thought about this in the game as well.    A six-character minimum for player names would be prohibitive for me and quite a few of those who have been in my guild in other mmos.

Thanks.

I typically use the mmo character name that I have utilized for years now, "Cerec", when creating a forum username.   However, this particular forum software has a restriction that the username must be at least 6 characters.   Could we get that adjusted?   (Or, at least allow for hyphens to be used in the username?)

I would also like to ensure that you've thought about this in the game as well.    A six-character minimum for player names would be prohibitive for me and quite a few of those who have been in my guild in other mmos.

Thanks.

This is only for the account name. If you go to your user settings you can change your name once to any length you wish, hence my 5 letter name :)

I've been hoping for some progress in the realm of display names.

On a side note.. I'd gladly pay money to be able to switch my forum display name. you could just make it so it displays previous usernames in their profile.

I understand not wanting people to change their identity frequently, but that wont change the things they've said and done on the forums.

Or possibly later down the road making it so you can display your actual in game character name, beneath your forum name for easy recognition.

I think its a shame people need to use a one use only name change, in order to be recognizable. In my own case, I used two less than common names for myself, but now things have played out in such a way, it would be a shame to make a new account for a new name and abandon this one.

Well I hope you find your resolution by using the tool to become Cerec, or are able to cope with your' adopted name, my regards.

I like this thread... as you can probably tell for my name change...

But I agree with saffi, maybe there could be something like what steam has where it lists your previous alias but you can change it whenever you want?..

Display name i beleive doesn't have any relevance to the account other than a front face to it.. so hope it can be done.

Technically, the name change is not a one time name change. I believe you are able to change your display name once every ten years. :D

Oh Bargain... and here i thought i'd have to wait to change my name.. Glad it's not a very long cool down :)