Player Controled NPCs

khaip_ur

An interesting idea came to me when I was considering how trading would take place and I was wondering if it would possible for player scripted NPCs would be possible.  the Initial idea was as storefronts for player made items but you could expand that in some interesting ways such as quest givers or even lore NPCs to populate your structures.

Hello khaip,

You could probably achieve these goals with scripted "bots", but the degree of interaction will depend on in game scripting limitations which are currently unknown. You can find a lot of information in the "Lua script and distributed processing units" devblog.

About market, you have a lot of information in the "From barder to market economy" devblog which should cover your questions.

About NPCs, Nyzaltar said a few times that they require a lot of design work and are probably not be a priority at the moment, but nothing written in stone.

Regards,

Shadow

Controled NPC in player shops will be good idea. The store can function even if the player is not in the game. We only delivery the goods to the store.

We can also enter the payment for NPC :)  . We pay him every week.

SzaryWilku, there is already an item described, that works exactly like that. A trading station that you stick on your warehouse (or box - whatever you have). Those stations can be linked into a system.

Controled NPC in player shops will be good idea. The store can function even if the player is not in the game. We only delivery the goods to the store.

We can also enter the payment for NPC :)  . We pay him every week.

There is a post somewhere that mentions trading stations that can be setup on user lands, I think, and it's supposed to act like a mini-market where you sell of your own items.. not sure if price is fixed or selectable or if you can trade items for items.. But there is a topic somewhere telling about a trade station... I'll see if i can find the post..

Not sure if it's in this post as I'd need to reread it to make sure, but this certainly has something in you might be interested in reading...

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/12/04/from-barter-to-market-economy/

EDIT (Realy can't believe i did this): You know what it is, I'm obviously more tired than i think i am... Someone has already posted this... So just ignore this ><