Auction house types; discuss

Alphinon

I understand that the game itself will have a market place, which I assume is like an auction house, and what I am wondering is how it will be done. There are three ways I am thinking it could be done, and I am sure I am missing some;

One way, a region based auction house that has different goods up for sale depending on what area / region you are currently at in the gameworld. 

Second way, similar to ESO, where the auction house is based off of what guilds and factions you are in. I personally think this is the worst type, as it can be hard to get a large market and it is generally not very competitive.

Thirdly, a fully open and free market, where the goods you list in one side of the universe are simultaneously listed on the other end, and when you don't need to join or be a part of a guild to get in. 

Let's get a conversation going on everyones thoughts!

First time reading that, and it's got me thinking about traders.. It's just automatically set up an entire section of the game without doing anything.

Moving goods from one station to the next because the price is better to make a profit.

Then you naturally get the people who want to stop them and take there cargo... like me.. the pirates.

Then you can have the protection people who follow large cargo and protect them from me... i don't like these types much, but maybe that's just me..

The more i hear about this game the more i feel i'm going to lose countless hours playing it.... Loving it already..

I wouldn't mind them making the interface for the markets easy enough to understand though.

Id love it if they made it so you can quickly compare prices for other market nodes than the one you are in/ at. I really dislike the Elite Dangerous way, of using either an outside of game tool to compare prices, or to blindly jump around and playing the annoying exit warp at just the right time game, manually, because we don't like automation in a sci-fi game. and asking the station managers at each place what they wanna pay for your imperial slaves.

If NQ doesnt want to make it, at least make it so modders and scripters could make something by pulling the data from the servers and compiling to their liking.

Do not want to spend 3 hours trying to sell baby formula and scrap metal for a profit.

one thing I would like to see is that whatever system used it has the ability to place buy orders.

I'm going to have to reiterate atrophil on this.. There is a bunch of information within phils link about markets and buy/sell orders, good read i would suggest it :)

But from what i read, yes i think there is going to be buy/sell orders.

I'm going to have to reiterate atrophil on this.. There is a bunch of information within phils link about markets and buy/sell orders, good read i would suggest it :)

But from what i read, yes i think there is going to be buy/sell orders.

I somehow missed the link thanks.  It sounds like a good starting place.  

I understand that the game itself will have a market place, which I assume is like an auction house, and what I am wondering is how it will be done. There are three ways I am thinking it could be done, and I am sure I am missing some;

One way, a region based auction house that has different goods up for sale depending on what area / region you are currently at in the gameworld. 

Second way, similar to ESO, where the auction house is based off of what guilds and factions you are in. I personally think this is the worst type, as it can be hard to get a large market and it is generally not very competitive.

Thirdly, a fully open and free market, where the goods you list in one side of the universe are simultaneously listed on the other end, and when you don't need to join or be a part of a guild to get in. 

Let's get a conversation going on everyones thoughts!

I play in ESO and the "guild" auction house there it is a very bad solution.

I in space games I like to trade and crafting so for me, the solution is simple. Trade is a very important aspect of the mmo game which builds interaction between players.

1) we can construct  "Trade Module",

2) we have a couple of classes "Trade Module",

- class I - you see things that are for sale only in the planetary system,

- class II - you see things that are for sale only in the region of the galaxy,

- class III - you see things that are available for sale throughout the galaxy,

3) construction of "Trade Module" needs a quantity of raw materials, semi-finished products,

4) to make the modem work you give him the energy supply,

And now the most important:

Let's say that you use Trade Module class III on planet ABC. Goods you bought from this module was put on the planet XYZ in planetary system away from you about 200Ly. You bought these goods, but now you have to fly these 200Ly to pick up these goods. For me, this is basic mechanics of the operation of trade in mmo / sandbox game.

A different kind of trade can be on the chat channel "Trade". Channel "Trade Local" for planetary system. Channel "Trade Regional" for region of the galaxy.