Cities

adre693

I would assume resources, yes as they are a physical thing. Just like you could strip down the buildings or constructs.

We dont know if blueprints will be a physical entity in game or solely digital. Then it would be a question of how advanced will hacking be.

I think the blueprint would be a bit like EVEONLINE there will ori and copys both would be able to sell in game to make a market place grow. just like a market hub.But who knows that the guys will put in and how to use them we will just have to what and see . i just want to get my hand dirty and play the game in any state lol.

In one of the videos the developers mentioned being able to build military and political buildings; when raiding another organizations town, will there be an option to raid their blue prints and resources and sell them for in game currency to build your town stronger?

From what i understand blueprints are stored in your charter but resources probably.

As interesting as it would be to try and hide/delete/send away Blueprints and valuable data to prevent it from falling into enemy hands I think it would be annoying to design a ship then have someone steal your work and produce the ships, thus making money off of your work. Pirates would probably love the idea, but I think blueprint theft might be going a bit far.
Resources sure, steal em' all. Hey, if you can rip my house out of the ground and fly off with it I'd be impressed... Crack my ships security and fly off with it and I'll be impressed even more. But just remember, I'll do everything in my power to track you down and do the same...

Yes. Just as we know that objects in the game that are sold have physical space, which means you have to pick it up or have it delivered, I assume blueprints and scripts will have physical space as well. However, I do imagine that there are some limitations that make it so that a person can not duplicate a blueprint if they just bought it. If they can, it means you have to buy the construct instead of the blueprint.

Ā 

Onto cities though. I imagine there will be many, great powerful cities. We know a lot of them will reside on Alioth. These will probably be ones started by the main factions and experienced players in the beginning.Ā 

As interesting as it would be to try and hide/delete/send away Blueprints and valuable data to prevent it from falling into enemy hands I think it would be annoying to design a ship then have someone steal your work and produce the ships, thus making money off of your work. Pirates would probably love the idea, but I think blueprint theft might be going a bit far.

Resources sure, steal em' all. Hey, if you can rip my house out of the ground and fly off with it I'd be impressed... Crack my ships security and fly off with it and I'll be impressed even more. But just remember, I'll do everything in my power to track you down and do the same...

the best compromise would be to drop a blueprint copy, and the user that died has a temporary inability to use the blueprint.

Maybe if your base is getting attacked and its not going well you could destroy the blueprints to prevent them from falling into enemy hands, you could have a backup at a different site

i'd rather stay with eve style blueprints... they have proven themselves to be worthy. Having the ability to copy a blueprint just ruins the value of that unless there is a limited amount of uses in the copies. If you build a ship from a template, it is linked to it. You can only blueprint original creations, or update blueprints. A backup may be made at a great cost, that can only be used if the original blueprint deviated more than 10% in composition.