spaceship and building damage

I too am curious about this.

I like how SE does it's destruction so if it's anything like that then I'm golden. I don't want them to just disappear in a pop vanish action once there HP is up. Dynamic damage on point would be awesome... if that makes sense :)

yeah, PLUS! it adds the factor that when a ship is abandoned in space, some random player could come across it per chance and have great fun exploring it. and maybe repair it again.

i dont see why spaceship voxels would be so much different to planet voxels.

the only thing that makes them spaceships are the cores.

yeah, PLUS! it adds the factor that when a ship is abandoned in space, some random player could come across it per chance and have great fun exploring it. and maybe repair it again.

i dont see why spaceship voxels would be so much different to planet voxels.

the only thing that makes them spaceships are the cores.

That sounds quite awesome actually... then you can have things like scavengers.. going in at the end of a battle to pick the bones of the fallen ships...

But I fear for the effects all the 'lost' ships will have if everyone remains even if uninhabited...

I believe the answer to this is a resounding "yes" and it should be seriously awesome.  This is from the devblog on multiplayer ship crews.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/22-devblog-multiplayer-ship-crew/?hl=%20multiplayer%20%20ship

Now, imagine combats. Besides the specialized weapons allocation to various crew members, the fact that the ship is a real object and not some formal 3D image allows for incredible things: partial structural damage that must be repaired (crew members racing to fix this broken hull - FTL anyone?), but also even more exciting is the possibility to board another ship after having cracked open its hull. In my opinion, from an emergent/strategic point of view this is a very interesting alternative to the classical way of completely destroying any enemy ship during combat: instead, board it and take control! Note that we don’t know yet how much of this will be playable in the alpha or beta stage, but it will definitely be something we will support in the long term.