Hello? Anyone?

You spot a crouched, haggard figure, wearing only some blood-and-vomit stained rags to cover himself. Shaking and weary, he approaches you. staring at you, - no - right through you. This man has been wandering and was malnourished for several months. Yet,  you believe you can see and expression in his eyes, that show the tiniest bit of hope.

"is jis.. Is jis je refugee camp for the exiles of Hazeron?" he mannages to say in a toothless voice.

( well fml, i wrote this before noticing that someone restored SoH. Well, just pretend it's still gone, yes?)

A middle-aged man in a spacesuit stops looking at his holographic screen and sees the poor man in very bad shape.

He approaches him in a friendly manner, outstretching a hand:

"Hmmm... I'm afraid I don't know what this Hazeron you’re talking about is.

But you really don't seem well. Should I take you to the nearest medical facility?

Obviously, you have removed your rehabilitating suit too soon..." 

(Just to avoid any confusion: "Dual Universe" has absolutely nothing related to "Shores of Hazeron". Beside that, welcome!  ;))

• 2 weeks later...

(Just to avoid any confusion: "Dual Universe" has absolutely nothing related to "Shores of Hazeron". Beside that, welcome!  ;))

The central gameplay premise seems very similar though.

build a civilization and lift it into space.

or did i misunderstand something there?

True, there is a part of the gameplay that look similar, but also many differences between the two projects.

- Shores of Hazeron has a simcity-like aspect that Dual Universe hasn't: When you build a city in Dual Universe, it will be the help of your friends, and your friends alone will inhabit it. There won't be any NPCs citizens spawning automatically (though you will be able to craft mechanical helpers for automatized and/or industrial tasks). Seeing each player becoming a mayor, governor or emperor is not in the Dual Universe game vision. There will certainly be emperors, but there will be very few: only players who manage to gather around them a huge amount of friends will be considered as "emperors". This won't be a status you will be able to have from the start, or even in the first months of play.

- As Dual Universe is voxel-based, it will enable the player to build a spaceship (or a base) from scratch in a more intuitive manner while offering a lot more possibilities to shape the construction. This will be the "Minecrafty" part and it won't count as a small part of the gameplay ;)

- There will be a territory system that will impact a lot on where you can build/install your base. A bit like Sov System from EvE Online but on a planetary scale (where EvE is on a solar system scale).

- There is a lot more gameplay features we can't communicate on right now, because it's too early.

But the truth is: Minecraft and EvE Online have been the two main inspirational models. 

We try to get the best of the two in Dual Universe.