xOHd7Qv.png?1

So following the announcement today of the 1st pre-alpha screenshots of Dual Universe, I thought id be a good time to also drop the ball on the plans in making a "Republic" with-in game...

At this moment im also working on an official website for it and a name, which has yet to be chosen but one thing is for certain; the republic will be opposing force of The Empire founded by @TheSlaxx or it could potentiality be an alliance... xD

Everyone is welcomed to join the Republic!

Edit: After some consideration I decided on the name "Galactic Republic of Planets" - which will somewhat by influenced be the UFP from Star Trek... :P

More info soon^tm :)

Discord: voice.grplanets.com or discordapp.com/invite/MJddkYt

Forums: forum.grplanets.com - coming soon

Galactic Republic of Planets - The Republic - URA

• Founded: 12.390.01 (Year: 12,390 - Month 1 or Year 1)
  • Capital: Unkown (Alioth?)
  • Legislature: Republic Council
  • Official Language: Republic Basic/Standard
  • Currency: Unknown - Republic Credit - Galactic Credit(which ever currency gets placed in game)

Government:

• President of the Galactic Republic of Planets
  • Republic Council
  • Republic Guard

Backstory

The Galactic Republic of Planets was founded on 12.390.01 by Rison Gillard. (One of my Eve Online Characters and the name of my Dual character) Rison Gillard was among the first wave of individuals aboard the USS Novark - Along with Sohan Decker and others - to be awaken first in order to explore, exploit and report on the new planet found planet the Novark had landed on, Alioth. After a month of exploring, exploiting and learning. Rison Gillard learned that, all by himself, he wasn't going to get anywhere, thus decided to found a small guild of players, after which this became known as the "Galactic Republic of Planets" even though the only explored planet at the time was Alioth.

The Year is now 12.390.02 and the Galactic Republic of Planets looks to a bright and peaceful future amongst the stars of the new galaxy.

The Galactic Republic Government is divided into 3 areas all responsible on the different aspects of the Republic. Foremost is the President of the Galactic Republic of Planets, followed by the Republic Council and Lastly the Republic Guard.

• President:
    • Commander-in-Chief of all Republic Guard Forces
    • Head of the Republic
  • Republic Council
    • Representatives from each planet.
    • Can declare war/peace
    • Can remove a president
  • Republic Guard
    • The Republic guard serves as the principal means for conducting deep-space exploration, research, defense peacekeeping and diplomacy of The Galactic Republic of Planets.
      • The Republic Guard is broken down into the following sections;
        • Republic Command - Republic Command is the headquarters of the Republic Guard.
        • Republic Academy - Where all new recruits are trained.
        • Republic Intelligence - Entrusted with foreign and domestic espionage, counter-espionage, and state security.
        • Republic Operations - Main research and development branch.
        • Republic Tactical - responsible for planning defensive/offensive strategies, as well as engaging in weapons research and development.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting Point/Stance: Due to the fact that the Republic will not be able to be a full republic at the launch of the game, with just one planet; It will start off as a Military Force which will then expand into is proper form -(at this moment it will take the form an already established community from another game ran by @Comrademoco; as a Fleet -Borg Defiants & The 1st Fleet- Feel free to join us in main game; Star Trek Online...).

Republic Guard - Exploration, Research and Development, Espionage, Trade, Diplomacy.

Commanding Officer (1 Spot)

• Responsible for the overall direction of the fleet, her ships and her crew.
  • Head figure of the fleet, all responsibility falls on his hands.

Chief of Staff (1 Spot)

• Responsible for maintaining the structure/command of the Fleet.

Admiral (5+ spots)

• Responsible for the day-to-day tasks, maintaining the fleet's crew and her ships.

Captain (10+)

• Responsible for running/maintaining a Republic Guard's ship (cruiser or bigger in size) and its crew under his/her command. 

Commander (20+)

• Responsible for running/maintaining a Republic Guard's ship (Frigate or Destroyer) and its crew under his/her command.

Lt. Commander

• Part of ship's crew

Lieutenant

• Part of ship's crew

Ensign

• Part of ship's crew

How To Join

All you have to do is reply to this thread or send me a direct message via here on the forums.

Ok guys I've updated the op to include a bit more information about the Galactic Republic...

Keep in mind that all this might also chance as time goes by and the game is fully launched...

This info will also be expanded once the grplanets.com website is fully launched.

Ok guys I've updated the op to include a bit more information about the Galactic Republic...

Keep in mind that all this might also chance as time goes by and the game is fully launched...

This info will also be expanded once the grplanets.com website is fully launched.

I'm loving the content on your website... Certainly a place to go for anything at all you want to know about DU and Galactic Republic :)

This comment will eventually make sense, so it's both a joke and a fact in time... how smart am I.. ha

HAIL HYDRA! Ohh wait, wrong forums.

​I am going more the route of mercenary/smuggler/pirate/bounty hunter. But I am more than ready to make alliances, as long as it's profitable.

As someone who is in the same boat in thinking pirate, bounty hunter ect.. I think i'll have to keep my eye on you... from afar... with a very large gun.... :)

I thought Dual Universe takes place around the year 2531? So your foundation is in the far future.

However, it sounds interesting. Good idea to bring some rules and order into the game. I mean there will be lots of outlaw players. Good to have somebody who cares about justice and law. When I programmed my space-mech I will start bounty hunting. :D

I like how the fanbase is developing 2 years before release of the game.

I thought Dual Universe takes place around the year 2531? So your foundation is in the far future.

However, it sounds interesting. Good idea to bring some rules and order into the game. I mean there will be lots of outlaw players. Good to have somebody who cares about justice and law. When I programmed my space-mech I will start bounty hunting. :D

I like how the fanbase is developing 2 years before release of the game.

Little bit off there with the estimated year.. You spend almost 10,000 years on the Arkship just traveling to Alioth.

“You are in the hibernacle 6JKP-Sohan of the arkship Novark, built in 2536 by the United Nations. You are awakening from a cryogenic sleep that has lasted 9,854 years. Your semantic and factual memory is functioning at approximately 12% of its original capacity. The retrieval of your procedural memory is currently under way. Do you have questions?”

Here's a Link if you're interested: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2015/07/31/dual-universe-part-1/

• 2 weeks later...

HAIL HYDRA! Ohh wait, wrong forums.

​I am going more the route of mercenary/smuggler/pirate/bounty hunter. But I am more than ready to make alliances, as long as it's profitable.

I imagine I will take a similar path. Start a clan shall we, partners one could say?

I imagine I will take a similar path. Start a clan shall we, partners one could say?

I would hold off on any Clan creations for the moment, as was said during E3 there will be a dedicated DU place for Clans to be formed and maintained either on the DU website or a standalone website.

I wouldn't say no to organising it, but i would hold off on any websites or teamspeaks till we know more about what NQ are planing to do with their 'clan/organisation website' thing :)

As much as I would love to pledge my alleigance to either of these.  I have already pledged to Lady Astrum.

What can you do?

Lady Astrum??? That was rather out of the blue. Has she said anything about it before?