Different gravity on planets

do different planets have different gravity? because humans can only survive on planets with 0.8 - 1.2 G.

or do the suits that players wear even it out artificially?

I think it would be great if we have the capabilities inside the game to make some kind of "Gravity Generators"; base on a planet's specific gravity to change it into Earth-like gravity. It sounds very similar to the word "terraforming".

But if gravity is not a factor in Dual Universe then forget gravity generators, much less gravity.  ^_^

If that is the case, then playing Dual Universe is rather complex but it doesn't just stop there.

Dual Universe as a complex game adds up to the challenge and excitement for every space gamer.

By the full release of this game......we will "hopefully" see a lot of things that we haven't encountered before, before any other space type MMO.

Really looking forward to this game.  B)

Hi TheSlaxx and Hydroclan,

Yes, we want to make Dual Universe realistic, but keep 2 factors in mind:

- We will always ponder Realism vs Fun. If something bothers more players than adding interesting gameplay value, we won't add it.

- We're still a small team, meaning we have to make choices and priorities. And for now, we don't know if this is something we will have time to implement as the team has already the hands full with all basic gameplay mechanisms.

Harmful gravity seems to be an interesting and original parameter for suvival gameplay.

I will transmit the idea to the dev team but I can't promise it will be implemented. I'll inform you when a clear decision will be taken about this idea ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Surely there'll need to be gravity repulsors right? It'd be a cool alternative to traditional spacecraft engines *wink wink*

I just immediately thought of the matrix there. Engines like that would be fantastic, I tried to look for a mod to get them in another engineering space game but nothing worked like i thought it would sadly.

I like the idea of gravity being different for each planet, but i'm more interested (if there are such things) if asteroids will have gravity on them or not, and if the gravity will be different depending on where you are on the asteroid or how big it is. SE doesn't have any grav on asteroids and it makes me sad :(