NQ-Nyzaltar

DevBlog: Monetization, player happiness and economic viability

I really hope the Devs reconsider it !!

I think i have showed that ANY item that can be purchased by real money, and sold in-game for game money is P2W!!! 

Since a Rich guy with 1000$+ to spend, can start in the game today, buys a lot of sellable plex, and become a millionaire ingame tomorrow,

and use all this ingame money to buy everything he needs to finance his guild / company / army of destruction. (including hire mercenaries with those Plex)

And he will be unstoppable simply because you wipe his armada today just to see him replaces his ships and items using his real money to convert in game money

selling those Plex, while you need to have all your guild members mining to try to repair yours,

Also soon you will see that all important items in the market will be priced by real money comparison not game currency.

I really think you are nebulously unaware of how the market operates.

The item is simply a way for players who got time to farm in-game and to buy their subscription with in-game currency, while players with money and no time to waste in farming can help the company.

Also, you seem to have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about how supply and demand. Like ZERO knowledge of how markets work.

The PLEX may cost 10,000 SpaceDollars one day because it's rare and the next it may cost 100 SpaceDollars because it's EVERYWHERE. It's called inflation, we've spoken of that a few replies above.

This thing you've mentioned didn't occur in EVE, because the market couldn't afford all those ships being lost.

IT's called "construction time". You know, ships in DUAL won't be build via magic "poof you are done" speeds. That's the points of factories.

Also, you do not udnerstand CONVERSION RATES, because you don't understand Inflation rates.

A dreadnought in EVE costed you approximately 100 USD and 49 hours to build, and that price is applied after conversion rates of PLEX sold in-game for cash in an average span of a year. You think it's THAT simple to build ANYTHING? Also, people have SPARE SHIPS for the exact reason of their ship being destroyed. The guys you beat will come back within five hours if they got spare ships to man and come after you.

Please, figure out how the economy, conversion rates, taxation, inflation and production costs to supply and demand figures out in the pricing of ANYTHING, then come back with a much sturdier arguement than "Plex is P2W". We already got people claiming "omg, 15 USD a month is super-expensive, omg, makez gamez free-t0-pl4y". You are wanting the game to even remove the chance for those people to pay their subscription in in-game currency as well with weak arguements like PLEX = P2W?

Unbelievable.

I have yet to see anyone who advocates b2p or f2p explain how those models would create revenue for NQ in 10 years. The devs very frequently compare their vision for DU with Eve and for good reason, it's a SANDBOX. People are going to build sandcastles and they are going to get torn down and then others are going to build new sandcastles. Infinite replayability. Barring NQ going bankrupt or not managing to actually produce a game that holds up there is no reason this game is not going to last a decade or two, so when choosing monetization model it is important to think long term and p2p is the only model that has long term viability, excepting p2w but that is unacceptable to the current community and I believe to the devs as well.

In a f2p system you would need an game store of some kind, but what would this store sell? Ingame currency or materials is out of the question from a market and p2w point of view. Cosmetic items? What kind of cosmetic items could you actually sell in a game were all the things that actually matter are going to be player constructed? Could you have special colors that could only be utilized for construction if you buy them? That's basically just taking sand out of the sandbox, which would probably be a deal-breaker for me and many others. Could you sell pre-defined shps or blueprints? Sure but they would probably suck or be op, the combat meta is probably going to be to diverse and changing for any predefined ship to be good without cheating.

As to subscriptions being expensive in some countries due to currencies and income levels, that is entirely up to the devs/publisher. There is absolutely nothing that stops games from being prized differently in different countries. And yes 12-15€ is more that my electric bill too and there are many people that cannot afford to buy subscription. Playing games is not a human right though, just like you are not entitled to own an iPhone or a car.

The devs need to use a monetization model that works for their company and for their game vision, and NQ has said that their choice is probably gong to be p2p, with the option of buying game time from other players for in game currency. I personally think this is a good choice as I think this leads to the fewest compromises between gameplay and money and I know large parts of the community agrees with me.

So until someone actually explains how they would want f2p or b2p to actually work and how that would keep the game alive and development funded 10 years from now I will consider this topic finished.

Well if inflation comes, isnt that good for everyone. Calling my argument as silly will I say is just off topic. I just want to have a system i and others can get along with. There see I that the use of B2P and P2P will work. Cause almost noone will use the last named option, as named by you. It will only be a part of the normal economy. I just want to say this cause it is importent to understand that. People are different!. Your conclusion is a bit of. He gets, but he dosent get because he is different and then need we to help him to. Look at the facts here. 100$ or more is not something most people will choose. 15$ in the month is. So where do we crash the game? We HELP the game by giving it more players. On the other hand. Buying an unlimited subcription should not give an advantage! Not at all. So the guy who turn up with new ships the other day shouldnt be richer (in real life) than the other guy. Just more powerfull.

This game is about fun! So let everyone have it. :)

Hmm... I'm only skeptical about the "cash shops" to be honest. Mainly because I feel they take away more from any game they exist in, than give back to the community. And especially with a game like DU, which relies heavily on player created items, equipment, ships etc. - cash shops will HAVE to limit that ability to sell cosmetic / asthetic stuff that players would have otherwise made. And limits players creating concepts (like ships and equipment) and on-selling them to other players. You are also alienating the players with a tight budget and lots of spare time - as you put it - as they would not have access to the cash shop since they are not subscribing to get the 'cash shop $'.

Granted, while this wouldn't really affect me as I fully intend on subscribing (and will probably sell some "plexes" like I did in EVE), I feel the cash shop negatively impacts on the whole game experience as a whole, as it has in every game on the market today. I do really hope you guys reconsider this particular point, and keep DU unique and 'old school' in that regard. The 'subs + PLEX 'EVE' system' you guys are going for is awesome, and is great news for the community. 

I really hope the Devs reconsider it !!

I think i have showed that ANY item that can be purchased by real money, and sold in-game for game money is P2W!!! 

Since a Rich guy with 1000$+ to spend, can start in the game today, buys a lot of sellable plex, and become a millionaire ingame tomorrow,

and use all this ingame money to buy everything he needs to finance his guild / company / army of destruction. (including hire mercenaries with those Plex)

And he will be unstoppable simply because you wipe his armada today just to see him replaces his ships and items using his real money to convert in game money

selling those Plex, while you need to have all your guild members mining to try to repair yours,

Also soon you will see that all important items in the market will be priced by real money comparison not game currency.

I feel like your reasoning is kinda flawed. Rich guy with 1000's to spend on a game is always going to have an advantage. Real world rules don't stop because its a game. If someone is willing to spend lots of real life money on a game they will have more then someone who doesn't. Plex style systems can actually reduce the impact this sorta thing can have on games. If you have no plex system farmers WILL sell in game money against game rules. I know DU doesn't have a classic farm for money system but the large gold farmers will find ways to  make money and sell it for real cash. Its a fight that WoW had lost for years, gold farmers spamming the market with really cheap gold. If you have a legit way to do it in game it can be controlled a little more and you wont have massive amount of gold farmers pumping the market full of currency.

The bottom line is, if there is someone willing to spend more money then you on anything they will probably have an unfair advantage. That's just life.

As far as other points brought up I feel like one of the statements that is just flat wrong is that P2P is dead. P2P is not dead most f2p mmos are not very successful as a general rule. Two of the most successful and long lasting MMOs are still p2p or same variation of it. Second is that new p2p mmos don't work. Most people list out a huge amount of mmos that tried p2p and then failed or moved to f2p. Most of these games failed because they simply weren't very good. Almost all of the mmos released in the last several years have basically been WoW or EQ clones offering very little innovative ideas. The games didn't draw players in enough because most people viewed them as LOTR WoW or Star Wars WoW etc etc.

Lastly I feel like its important to mention that the reason a lot of mmos go f2p is because they simply don't need as much cash generated to be successful. As I said most mmos are basically just WoW clones and that is just as true for hardware requirements for the servers. Basically they can use the same stuff(or same power stuff in the cloud) they used in 2005 to run most mmos. Bottom line is its much cheaper to run a classic WoW clone mmo then it was 10 years ago. Hardware is cheaper and the games systems and development have become standardized. Get quest, kill x or collect y or do z, turn in quest, level, gain abilities, reach max, grind high end content for character progression. The f2p with item shop can easily cover the cost of an MMO now due to reduction in cost of server/game upkeep.

The problem is DU is actually doing something very very different with technology requirements and game design. NQ doesn't get the benefit of reduced cost in server hardware and a "standardized game design" or at least not nearly as much of benefit as a more standard MMO. They are trying to do something different and that costs money.

Ultimately I think p2p is fine if it is what the game needs.

For me the exelant solutions is      Entropia Universe  is free to play for little players and if you change idea is posible  play to pay is exelant economy and exeland idea.I see only free to play game.

Example now i dont have money and is posible to play Entropia Universe ,Eve Online after 14 day trial for me the game is closed and is not posible to play,and i see for other game free to play and you lost the account players.

Thanx for your works.

P2p would be best for DU for mentioned reasons - no instances/New area with patch is the best one.

Plex system works fine in Eve, no unfair advantages here. No one in DU will be a millionaire on day 2 or even month 2 after release and f*** with everyone simply because no one can buy those plex because of no in-game money ;)

L

I pay for eve with 2 accounts and buy plex from time to time to sell. Because I don't have time for that stupid PVE to earn money in order to buy new ships in order to f*** around with people. I hate PVE, it's only a burden to do in order to do the things I REALLY want to do in a game. So plexes are fine, they don't give an advantage that's superhuge or unfair.

It will take months and even years (like in Eve) that we will see big ships or cities, that's why P2P with Plex would be best.

Dear Novaquark Team,

Since I can remember, I am passionated by space and science-ficiton in nearly all its forms.

In my childhood I had some very good moments with Elite or Wing Commander games and since then I saw a lot of space games coming and going.

Now I discovered your website by coincidence and was amazed by your game.

Simply when I just noticed your intentions about the model I get sick!

Sorry, I have no understanding for this...

F2P is a problematic model... I agree with this

B2P is a very good model where the player is spending (if the game is good) a lot of money for it and then can enjoy the game in all its senses...

P2P OMG! Au nom de dieu...
No sorry, with this model if you keep it for a year for example... how many times could you buy the game instead?

No seriously! It must be a bad joke from you...

I cannot understand people who like such a model... who wanna spend allways money for the same game?

If you keep it for years you could buy a PC... or otherwise said: instead to rent the game you could buy with this money more games...

Sure I can imagine that the dev won't refuse such a model... but hey guys B2P is a well working model, also for multiplayer games! Nowadays people can rent their own servers and run their games... also the communities are supporting the dev (if the game is good)... so sorry no real reason for P2P...

Well however... the future will show if you really gonna chose this odd model P2P...

Dear Novaquark Team,

Since I can remember, I am passionated by space and science-ficiton in nearly all its forms.

In my childhood I had some very good moments with Elite or Wing Commander games and since then I saw a lot of space games coming and going.

Now I discovered your website by coincidence and was amazed by your game.

Simply when I just noticed your intentions about the model I get sick!

Sorry, I have no understanding for this...

F2P is a problematic model... I agree with this

B2P is a very good model where the player is spending (if the game is good) a lot of money for it and then can enjoy the game in all its senses...

P2P OMG! Au nom de dieu...

No sorry, with this model if you keep it for a year for example... how many times could you buy the game instead?

No seriously! It must be a bad joke from you...

I cannot understand people who like such a model... who wanna spend allways money for the same game?

If you keep it for years you could buy a PC... or otherwise said: instead to rent the game you could buy with this money more games...

Sure I can imagine that the dev won't refuse such a model... but hey guys B2P is a well working model, also for multiplayer games! Nowadays people can rent their own servers and run their games... also the communities are supporting the dev (if the game is good)... so sorry no real reason for P2P...

Well however... the future will show if you really gonna chose this odd model P2P...

Go play the generic Korean MMO that is heavily instanced then and go play endless amounts of money on B2P games for "making your grinding easier". 

I don't personally like subscription based games anymore because it tells player to commit himself to game = get rid off real life or leave like EVE Online made me leave so i am looking forward to EVEs clone state system. That is reason why i loved old GW2 business model.

I don't personally like subscription based games anymore because it tells player to commit himself to game = get rid off real life or leave like EVE Online made me leave so i am looking forward to EVEs clone state system. That is reason why i loved old GW2 business model.

Strange, I always preferred subscription models and I never left my real life.

Do not deny your addiction and blame the model for it. In WoW, I knew people who logged during the weekends for raids, and later on, I and my arena team logged in 2 days a week, wednesday and friday noon for arena rating advancement.

If you are getting addicted easily to things, that's a weakness of yours, not the subscription model's.

Strange, I always preferred subscription models and I never left my real life.

Do not deny your addiction and blame the model for it. In WoW, I knew people who logged during the weekends for raids, and later on, I and my arena team logged in 2 days a week, wednesday and friday noon for arena rating advancement.

If you are getting addicted easily to things, that's a weakness of yours, not the subscription model's.

Haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade release week, haven't played EVE since i got disabled, with current incomes i can afford only save like 8 € in MONTH so i can't play this anyway... So for me it is commit life or leave.

Edit. and i highly doubt this can go Ascent - The Space Game 3 €/month subscription....

Edited by NorthernHermit

Personally, the only thing that could prevent me from playing this game is the P2P model (except if it's really cheap, like 5- € per month).

Why?

Because all the money I will spend will be lost. 

>With an Item shop system, I keep what I bought.

>With the B2P model, I've got game acces for life. 

This game could works with a P2P model,but it's really risky.

Everybody is talking about P2Ps  which work good, but I can say to you goods other models (which are not MMO, I agree).

Warthunder is a F2P, adding content like every month, with a premium system (increase xp), and skin system . I played it a lot without premium ( so for free) and it was cool, now I took a premium because I have spent 500 hours on it for free so no problem to pay a bit. 

Chivalry medieval warfare has a skins shop, and is a cheap B2P. I think the game is really good, I paid it 10 €, so I bought skins.

Company of heroes 2 is a B2P and has a skins shop. 

And there are not more cheaters in F2P than B2P or P2P I totally disagree because cheats package include accounts changing possibilities.

My choice is B2P with skins/blueprints/other things ... shop (or maybe find another new way to make money). In case of P2P choice, I'm not certain that there are enough players on this game to take off.

Sorry for my (bad) english.

Sad for you but as you said: better to commit to life than playing games and spending money on space pixels and not really important stuff before you haven't sorted out your life (and income)

Haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade release week, haven't played EVE since i got disabled, with current incomes i can afford only save like 8 € in MONTH so i can't play this anyway... So for me it is commit life or leave.

Edit. and i highly doubt this can go Ascent - The Space Game 3 €/month subscription....

Well, I get you, I had left WoW for 2 years into Burning Crusade because I had monetary issues. But the Devs can't sacrifice the game's vision for a free-to-play model that will ruin the playerbase with pay-2-win imbalance and endless grinding.

NQ has to rely on 3rd party associates for their Cloud hosting of the servers and the uniqueness of the tech involved. They need that 15 USD subscription.

Well im not up for F2P model either, it is worst possible model for this so i am up for B2P because i just need to save few months to get it :) Plus one big con is that only SE and Blizzard only can go with subscription model because they get money from other products so im afraid Sub model on this might flop, especially when people dont need to buy product. So i have proposal: why don't go with same plan than EVE going this month, make players buy (with something like 40-50$) and limit features and with sub they unlock rest of features and after 6 month subscription they can extend their sub state with PLEX like item ?

Edited by NorthernHermit

Go play the generic Korean MMO that is heavily instanced then and go play endless amounts of money on B2P games for "making your grinding easier". 

No thanks, you can go play this if you want, no idea else why you are mentioning this.

Sorry P2P you pay for years an amount X that will be much higher than a B2P game for 60 Euro... it is odd!

I am pre-alpha tester in another game an I have a little view behind, so sorry no reason for P2P!

if you guys have too much money, and also like to have pressure "oh I must now pay this month or all my progress is gone" or something like that, so your choice.

So many games are working perfectly with B2P... even early acces games!!!

There no sign of P2P.... free updates... you wanna multiplayer you get many servers from people, not from the devs... but no...

Say what you want it is only crap into my eyes.

No thanks, you can go play this if you want, no idea else why you are mentioning this.

Sorry P2P you pay for years an amount X that will be much higher than a B2P game for 60 Euro... it is odd!

I am pre-alpha tester in another game an I have a little view behind, so sorry no reason for P2P!

if you guys have too much money, and also like to have pressure "oh I must now pay this month or all my progress is gone" or something like that, so your choice.

So many games are working perfectly with B2P... even early acces games!!!

There no sign of P2P.... free updates... you wanna multiplayer you get many servers from people, not from the devs... but no...

Say what you want it is only crap into my eyes.

You are not paying to play, you are paying for the servers to stay up. You are subsribing to ensure the devs keep updating the game with content and provide customer support.

Or should they go flip one and die from starvation and you get a game that runs out of content within 3 months?

What? You thought servers run on willpower and the Devs run a charity? As I said, go play your Korean MMO with isntances every other door and your B2P games with "pay to turn right" and pay-2-win. You are clearly not willing to pay for any quality.

OK OK 

ONCE MORE !!!

Hey new guys PLZ read my previous post about WHY, P2P is SAME as  P2Win !!! when you compare Rich player with poor players,
Different player family realities and currency exchange on different countries.

I'm not saying that game should run as F2P, B2P, Cry4Play,  etc....   What I'm just asking is to try understand in deep what's going on in all player situations before say  "I'm ok on paying subscription so all other potential players should be ok with it to!"    Everything that is OK for other ppl is ok for you to ?

Just try to think that this is an international game that intent to have a server with thousand of players from all corners of the Earth ( O ?)

With Players that live very different real lives, so before say P2P is the best or B2P is the best, or F2P is the best. 

Understand that "The best" would be a Mix of those all ! and a Very well done administration of the game business.

I already saw great game servers Die because of bad administration and very P2W games achieve thousand of players that happly spend tones of money on garbage games and companies get rich just because they have a great management.

Also i'm sad to say for those (already existent) DU fanboys, This is not the best game in the world, this is not even a game yet, Its a few guys dream with a great potential, but with a lot of concurrence to, especially if they decide to keep as P2P, because P2P players rarely play more than one game at once, 

and just look around for other upcoming games and you will see that DU will have to face great rivals.

Btw, Guys, use your brains not your harts, give the Devs ideas of how to make this game as great as it could be,
not just say "nice game i can play 15 bucks for that"

I think this will be my last post, on monetization topics.

bye

OK OK 

ONCE MORE !!!

Hey new guys PLZ read my previous post about WHY, P2P is SAME as  P2Win !!! when you compare Rich player with poor players,

I'm not saying that game should run as F2P, B2P, Cry4Play,  etc....   What I'm just asking is to try understand in deep what's going on in all player situations before say  "I'm ok on paying subscription so all other potential players should be ok with it to!"    Everything that is OK for other ppl is ok for you to ?

Just try to think that this is an international game that intent to have a server with thousand of players from all corners of the Earth ( O ?)

With Players that live very different real lives, so before say P2P is the best or B2P is the best, or F2P is the best. 

Understand that "The best" would be a Mix of those all ! and a Very well done administration of the game business.

I already saw great game servers Die because of bad administration and very P2W games achieve thousand of players that happly spend tones of money on garbage games and companies get rich just because they have a great management.

Also i'm sad to say for those (already existent) DU fanboys, This is not the best game in the world, this is not even a game yet, Its a few guys dream with a great potential, but with a lot of concurrence to, especially if they decide to keep as P2P, because P2P players rarely play more than one game at once, 

and just look around for other upcoming games and you will see that DU will have to face great rivals.

Btw, Guys, use your brains not your harts, give the Devs ideas of how to make this game as great as it could be,

bye

Nobody really agrees with you. Because you are not even providing stable examples.

Here is a thing, the rest of the world, likes to call FACT .

The link is on EVE online's costs per region. Try to run the covnersion rates. You know, 1 pound = 1.19 Euro.

Guess what? The Subscription cost varies from country to country. You know, because that thing called inflation. I guess you missed the memo on that alongside with how much Cloud-hosting servers costs.

Subscription players play a lot of ONE game. The game they chose to subscribe to. why? Because they want to. Because they pay for quality in a game they like. DUAL is not the 3 months generic MMO you'll play until you hit that paywall and leave.

You are clayming Pay-2-Play P2W. Explain how. The PLEX system is tied to your missed memo, Inlfation. The more of them in the market, the less value they hold. If 10,000 people sell PLEX and only 5 guys want to buy, those 5 guys have the power to drop the price. You know, it's called market research.

So, your arguements are hollow, your logic is faulty and your knowledge on economics is limited to "paper things I give to buy stuff". To you sir, I say goodbye.

OK OK 

ONCE MORE !!!

bye

No offence but you completley disregard inflation, prize inflation and sallary inflation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-12196322

https://www.brightknowledge.org/knowledge-bank/business-and-finance/features-and-resources/inflation-and-interest-rates-explained

4th Pay to Win:
Most ppl think since a game is P2P its impossible to become P2W, that's not true IF:
The player can buy items or PLEX with real money and resell inside for game money.

Its unfair and unbalanced like selling bazookas on server store! Lets use the situations above as subjects: Suppose a player living in UK pay £ 15 EUR, for his monthly fee and buy one more PLEX to sell for game money. while a Latin American player if uses Brazilian Real (BRL that is the strongest LA currency) must pay $ 55 BRL for his monthly fee and more $ 55 BLR for a PLEX to sell.  The UK player spent 30 buck while the Latin player 110 bucks. Not only Latin America currency is lower than USD and EUR, in fact may international community currency are.

At the initial months of the game a player could sell any "Buyable-Only-For-RL-Money" item like a PLEX, Cosmetic, Pet, etc... For about 1k game money or less. but after the server achieve more than 1 year, the players will be heavy monetized one of those items can easy reach 1kk+.

Now imagine that End-Game TOP PVP gear that can wipe entire planets, are you afraid?! A new player starting today with $ 1000,00 USD to spend can start the game today, buy a lot of items/PLEX on the game store and resell ingame becoming an instant millionary and full heavy equipped, Overpowering many hard work players and unbalancing the game like in any other P2W game server.

You do know that there are conversion rates? I agree on the fact that, for a Brazilian guy 15€ is way more money than for an European guy because of salary and life cost issues. Now you could argument with: so this P2P rate has to be lower! But guess what would happen then ;)

And besides: pc gaming is not a human right. When the company wants to charge 15€ EVERYWHERE ON THE WORLD then you have to pay or you don't play.

With PLEX you ignore one huge fact: players (be it EVE or DU) are not born with an understanding of the game mechanics. Lets take EVE: sure you can invest 5000€ to buy PLEX and have like 900bil isk. No Problem there. BUT:

- a new player can't fly titans and kill everyone (because of skills)

- even if he buys a character with that money (for lets say 100bil) and THEN buys a titan to kill everyone - he dies horribly.

- he just has not the understanding of the game (because he never played) and he doesn't have the skills (hard and soft) to do so

A veteran player could invest money to speed up his gameplay (as I do - I hate pve grinding). So what? What do you think will happen when I just bling out my ships or buy super-uber-extreme-mega weapons? I die horribly. Why? Because it's a MMO - for you: a massive MULTIPLAYER online game. ONE person (even 1000) would die horribly because  of THOUSANDS of other players.....

OK Guys....

"you are not even providing stable examples"   --  .. I think i already did in my previous posts

costs per region  = I hope i will become truth, will make the game fair, but VERY FEW companies understand or apply it

no offence but you completley disregard inflation --  believe or not I know a lot about inflation and economics ,

but inside a game things not behave exactly like RL, Its easy to see game items became priced by real money than an Item purchase by real money losing value its value in game money.

Here is an EX:

That Super Power weapon / ship  "today" would cost  1000 game credts. This is the same starting price for 1 month PLEX that is purchased for 15£ RL money.
6 months Later Lots of rich players start to sell plex inside game... The plex price lowed from 1k to 900 gold, 
But the Powerful weapon / ship became 900.000 because now its priced in Plex, or in Real money so to speak, and since the Plex considering market is full of Plex availability its purchase power lows but not its game credit value simply because ppl who pays real money don't want to low and all agree that it costs around 1k so it will never become 100 credit. 

And guys I'm not inventing this, I already saw more than a few games following this tendance, like  (This TOP sword costs 10.000.000 Gold or 300$ RL money)
and I am not telling the PLEX system doesn't work,
But it need to be regulated!
Maybe if a player Could sell just one, in game per month, than it would prevent a rich guys to umbalance the game market and turn it P2W !!!

You are clayming Pay-2-Play P2W Explain how.--  1st let me reply with Lethys comment :
"... sure you can invest 5000€ to buy PLEX and have like 900bil ..."

OK now i have one question for you guys.. WHAT IS PAY TO WIN IN YOUR CONCEPT ???

Because, the well know popular concept is:
" If you can inject real money inside a game to achieve game advantages, Like become billionaire, oh thats a P2W game !!!"

Why 90% of player hate it ?  Because they came to play a game where they can be respect for their strategy / skill / intelligence / game play,   not to be overpowered for rich guys like in real life.

But now, if you guys agree with pay real money for game advantages, its ok, just be honest and say : "I agree with SOME level of P2W inside a game"

I will not be blaming you

A veteran player could invest money to speed up his gameplay (as I do - I hate pve grinding). So what? What do you think will happen when I just bling out my ships or buy super-uber-extreme-mega weapons? I die horribly. Why? Because it's a MMO

Sadly its not the truth, let me tell a story, Once i was with my guild on a international server, the main guilds was Russ, Spanish, Greek and Brazilian,
we fight hard for domination and glory, was balanced and fun for us and our enemies, but once a guy arrived, a 12yo son of a politician lawyer's in RL, with his friends, cool !?  he purchased ALL top characters and Items paying from 500 to 3k $ he brought lots of sellable items to the market and raise the price of everything

His guild start to random attack everybody and were almost unkillable when all the about 30 guys fully ekiped were online.

Now lets see if you still think

What do you think will happen when I just bling out my ships or buy super-uber-extreme-mega weapons?

when some richie kid decide that your company will not fly a single ship out of the safe zone ?! You kill them, they will buy they fleet in 1 day, and you will farm / built per weeks to get your ship back again ...

enough ?!