a few viewpoint questions and mechanics quetions.

LordSilver

So i haven't heard much about the mechanics of how to viewpoint will be. When you are on a planetary surface will it be first person and will there be active tools or a weapon in your hand, or is it sandbox on ground or if it is to what extent. Can someone or a dev please enlighten me about this topic. Also how will this be implemented if you are on someone else's ship and are roaming around. I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out.

Hi LordSilver,

As mentioned in the FAQ (that will be soon updated but this point doesn't change) on the website:

First Person View was chosen for 2 main reasons:

1) Increasing immersion

2) Simplifying Oculus Rift implementation.

However, we are aware that a lot of MMO players have a very strong attachment to Third Person View (even in the team :P). So the TP view might be implemented at some points, maybe as a stretch goal in the crowdfunding campaign.

Regarding what the player character can have in hand:

For now, the character can use either his Nanoformer (to build things with voxels and deploy an elements) if his left hand is free (the Nanoformer is on the left arm but you manipulate it with the hand). In that case you will be able to have a weapon in the right hand. Or you could have both hands taken with an heavier weapon, meaning you won't be able to build and to defend yourself at the same time. However, keep in mind that the game design on this topic might evolve (or even completely change) during development after having done internal tests or received constructive feedbacks from the community pointing to some problems with the current design. It's a bit early to talk about that, as Combat is a gameplay brick that won't be included in the first phase of the Alpha.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.