If You Build It, They Will Come

Cybrex

It's the internet. It's going to happen.

And once NQ launch their crowd funding campaign, it'll get even worse. It is what it is. 

No reason to get angry over it, not like their comments mean anything. Either the game will be, or not. The final product will be whatever NQ wants to do with it. Neither me, you, or anyone else really has any say over that. So just ignore the naysayers. 

Hi everyone,

Yes, the article was a bit unexpected as we didn't contact MassivelyOp staff beforehand. (it was planned, but not before a few months).

As the official communication is not yet ready, it's understandable to see skepticism and harsh comments, often tied to partial knowledge of the game and/or shortcuts taken leading to misinterpretation. As several of you already said: that's the internet. No need to be angry. If you think someone has understand wrong, just let him explain what he has perceived from the game, and then explain to him on which parts he was wrong. Some spicy comments can also point to a real problem, so they shouldn't be ignored too quickly. I tried to make some clarifications below the article, but my livefyre account doesn't seem to have authorization to display the comments I post. I'm currently investigating if there's something wrong with MassivelyOp staff.

Nobody can prevent salty comments to appear.

But we can certainly correct false statements, methodically and calmly, one after another.

"Anger leads to hate, hate leads to the Dark Side" said a little green wise man a long time ago :P

Edit: Welcome on our forum, Falstaf! :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hopefully we'll start seeing a lot more new faces around here.

Also, those negative comments made me quite angry for some reason.

Gamers are a cynical bunch these days, too quick to judge before knowing much, but this game sounds awesome to us, guaranteed it will to many others as well  ^_^. It doesn't matter how good a game is, there will be negative comments regardless.

I noticed a couple of them were about pvp....understandable as some players lean more towards the PvE side of things, but it seems to me DU will appeal to different play styles. PvE, PvP, voxel building, RP'ers.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the idea of separating pve/pvp. the game i currently play (probably not hard to guess which one) has very little separation, it boils down to having really  levels of choice, and each level meaning how much you have to look for pvp. some places you might find it. some places you will probably find it, and some places where you can not avoid it (sometimes in huge fleet fights). i am really hoping to have a clearer separation of pve from pvp. i do prefer to spend most of my time in that game wishing i was safe and able to just do the things i enjoy safely. and then i decide to switch it up and just start shooting, i do enjoy pvp, and spend a fair amount of my play time involved in pvp. there are time when that is not what i want to do, or need to not do to meet some goal i have in that game. it will be interesting to see how NQ balances the play styles of this community. i think it is totally fine to have all the elements i have seen before in other games, ganking, scamming, setting traps, fleet fights, 1v1, harvesting, building, marketing. and so many more.

i still need to keep reading to see what all my options will be, but i would love to be able to spend most of my time in space. aquire my materials, build explore. it would be nice to be able to choose whether or not to be involved in pvp, and not be confined to some city to do it.

i do realize i kind of want my cake, and to eat it as well.

more reading to do.

pew pew pew

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm; the article from MOP brought me here, and I was like how did this slip from my radar.

I was expecting this indie level of quality, but so far from what I have seen the Quality is top notch. 

I am in love with DU's art concepts and things they have showed us so far. Really great looking element sets. I hope the material palette for building is equally as exciting.