Health Issues

Astrophil

So, having just started Grey's Anatomy two weeks ago, I, in the midst of an episode, came upon a thought for which I was not entirely sure the manner in which it would manifest itself in Dual Universe. This thought, namely, the concept of in-game health.

Therefore, let me outline a few questions below:

• Will there be a concept of health, not just in HP or energy, but in other palpable effects (from diseases, disorders that have more permanent effects such as lowered HP or visual symptoms, faster death rate), or will medicine have advanced so far that this won't be an issue? And perhaps potential doctor/surgeon roles?
  • Will there be diseases? If so, what kind of effects and diffusion can we expect to see (as in contamination, epidemics)?
  • Should diseases and health problems carry over if you are resurrected?

I have a feeling it's much too early to be digging into such in-depth details, as the fundamental mechanics are still being laid out and refined, but exploring the concept a bit ought to be interesting.

~Astrophil

• Will there be a concept of health, not just in HP or energy, but in other palpable effects (from diseases, disorders that have more permanent effects such as lowered HP or visual symptoms, faster death rate), or will medicine have advanced so far that this won't be an issue? And perhaps potential doctor/surgeon roles?
  • Will there be diseases? If so, what kind of effects and diffusion can we expect to see (as in contamination, epidemics)?
  • Should diseases and health problems carry over if you are resurrected?

i wouldnt mind deseases and poisons as a gameplay mechanic, rather, i'd like them. They should however never be carried over after resurrection, and certainly not need a dedicated high level player class to remove them.

7 Days to Die has a pseudo-disease mechanic where you can catch dysentery from drinking dirty. The effect is a DoT, and eventually progresses to deal more and more damage until the player dies.

To cure yourself, you have to brew tea with an herb (I don't remember what it was).

DU could possibly have a mechanic similar to this where you can catch disease from consuming untreated food and water, being attacked by animals, or possibly even an enemy's weapon or if a bleeding effect is left untreated.

Hi everyone!

The idea is interesting, but it's unlikely that we will be able to include this on the roadmap in a near future.

Nevertheless, it will be transmitted to the dev team as usual. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.