joint-size

vylqun

Was wondering, is there a lower and/or upper limit for joint sizes?

While there is probably no upper limit, i'm particulary interested about the lower border, which would basically be the main criterium for the smalles archieveable size of scripted bots.

When you say joints, do you mean the structural entities? Or something completely custom built buy the player? Because there's a page of concept art detailing what we'll have in the way of joints so far.

While i do not know what DU posted on twitter, on the website itself i couldn't find information abot possible sizes and concept art itself doesnt tell us anything about it either.

And i dont exactly care if its prebuilt joints or custom made, if we can just create a sphere or similar and assign it the role of a joint, then i'm perfectly content with it, because that'd be downsizeable to the smalles possible voxel^^

My question was targeted at the premade joints tho.

I had a topic in the ideas area about joints if you want to take a look at that. Has a link to the image I'm thinking of, but it's on facebook (which my school blocks), so I don't know if it's still there.

The post was simply titled "Joints".

Oooh, I see what you're getting at now.

I figure with robot construction, we'll probably have a single size for larger machines, and everything smaller (like man-sized and smaller) will probably have it all as simply a part of their skin.

The custom machines that we'll be able to produce may range in size from large machines perhaps ~8 feet tall, to massive constructs like the robots from Pacific Rim.

However, this is all purely conjecture with no basis besides my own intuition. So take it all with a grain of salt.