Hello

Hello everyone,

I found this game a while ago by searching for upcoming games using the Unreal Engine 4, and I have to say that I have not been this excited for an MMO in a long time. The potential for immersion seems extremely high with the voxels and customizability.

I also like that the the developers seem skeptical about going free-to-play. While there is nothing wrong with the mere fact of being free, it's often the way in which it is implemented, through microtransactions and cash shops, which in my opinion only lowers immersion and takes away some of the meaningfulness of the virtual world.

As for me, I am a Linux gamer. I know there is no Linux version planned for Dual Universe yet, but that is why I was so happy to see they are using the UE4 engine since the developers of UE4 have expressed their intent to make building multiplatform games as effortless as possible.

So I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Hi Spacelike,

Indeed, we won't go for a "Free 2 Play" Model.

A few people in the Novaquark Team have already worked on F2P titles and here is the opinion they built upon experience:

While it may look like attractive like a siren's call on the paper (at first, it seems all fair and ethical as anyone can pay what he/she wants), there are a lot of drawbacks to this model. That's why we're aiming to another model, and we will probably make a Blog post in the near future to explain the details of the chosen monetization model, why and how we come to this solution :)

As for a possible Linux version, we are thinking about it. 

It might be a stretch goal for the coming crowdfunding campaign.