chatbots

vylqun

My very first mmorpg was anarchy online, which i played for approximately 5 years, in Anarchy Online we had something called chatbots (set up by players, not by the system) which we could whisper commands, or in case of guildbots just write them in the guild chat, and you could get information, little tools like random rolls etc. For example a very important chatbot was "fixercom" and with whispering "/fixercom !whois blabla" you could get the character data of that person or "/fixercom !raid raidname" the timer till some kind of worldraid starts etc.

I would be really happy if we get something similar in dual universe, that means a tool to code our own chatbots.But there might be some people who consider that as to much information available, so whats ur opinion about this? :P

I think that having that placed in a chatbox might make the game a little less immersive.

But we could put things like news, important updates, and messages of the day on signs placed on the main structure in our towns/villages/cities.

Since this game centers around the social aspect, that probably wouldn't be impractical seeing as how many of us will be spending much of our time within said places.

well, they weren't things for general announcements but a kind of information and tool service which single player could send requests too, so placing them at billboards etc. would serve a different purpose.